Mothering Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any suggestions?

i'd like to knit some small gnomes and animals and am looking for free/cheap easy patterns. any suggestions for sources?

tia!
megin

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
There's a book with lots of cute animals...Knitted toys : 21 easy-to-knit patterns for irresistible soft toys / Fiona McTague

Check your library or maybe they can get it for you through inter-library loan.

I'll have to think about the gnomes...I saw some patterns awhile ago but have to remember where.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I found some farm animals to knit but the yarn that it calls for I cannot find in my area and to order it would cost way to much money. Does anyone know where I can find a pattern for farm animals.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Libraries are great. I've checked out a book called "Toys to Knit" it has some really cute animals as well as doll clothes I used for a Waldorf doll. The wrap sweater is really easy and quick to knit up and looks really nice.
I bought a book on a whim called, "Knitted Toys". It has some great little finger puppet patterns but I haven't tried them yet.

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by morgbay View Post
I found some farm animals to knit but the yarn that it calls for I cannot find in my area and to order it would cost way to much money. Does anyone know where I can find a pattern for farm animals.

Try "Knitted Animals" and "Toymaking with Children." Great, pretty easy patterns. I've gotten both books from my local library and they can be found on amazon.com

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.