Mothering Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
'that got erected', she said. :LOL

Sigh.

Where is the gratitude for her teeth straightening, nose job, boob job, Playboy nude spread opportunity and divorce from husband? That all was paid for by the right wingers. Tsk tsk. Ingrate!

Quote:
Hillary Rodham Clinton famously blamed the scandals that led to her husband's impeachment on a "vast right-wing conspiracy." Jones told ABC News Primetime's Cynthia McFadden: "I agree that I was a small little entity in this big vast whatever-you-want-to-call-it that got erected."

She continued, "It started with me - and they did use me for their own agendas."
http://abcnews.go.com/sections/Prime...0_women-1.html

She wants a public debate with President Clinton.

Erm.

Well, she could probably learn some debate and logic quickly. Look how well she did with boxing!

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
OK, this is a woman who was allegedly sexually harassed by clinton. Why are you picking on her?

I can see an average person getting sucked into what she was sucked into, by people with an agenda and the money and skills to use it.

·
Banned
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by the sunshine
I can see an average person getting sucked into what she was sucked into, by people with an agenda and the money and skills to use it.
Sucking, ah hem, aside, what is she doing now? Asking for a public debate, appearing in interviews, etc.?

The celebrity boxing was a choice she made. As was the nose job, braces, etc.

If she did 'get it from both sides' (stop the innuendo, I can't keep a straight face!), then why is she criticizing both sides now?

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
She didn't suck anything. He dropped his pants in front of her and asked for oral sex. In my book, that makes HIM the bad guy. (and i was a clinton supporter, for the record)

She showed guts to even bring the incident to the public. The snide comments being made are why a lot of women who are victimized choose to keep it quiet.

·
Premium Member
42,757 Posts
I am having trouble thinking of anyone who has been chucked into the spotlight and not capitalized on it.

I am not saying she is right. Besides, I am sure a good deal of that was paid for by her settlement with Clinton and not necessarily the "right wing conspiracy!!"

I guess she has a right to decide what to do with it herself, no one has to approve, I certainly wouldn't have made the decisions she did.

But well..I am not proud of EVERYTHING I have ever done and well...glass houses...glass houses...

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
I am kind of divided on this. Clinton's behavoir was boorish and stupid but he took no for an answer and Jones never suffered any repercussions from saying no. Clinton never propositioned her again. He was governor and he had the power but he didn't use it to force her or get back at her. I didn't see this as harrassment. If he had continued to pursue her or threatened her or had her fired, then I think she would have had a case. The right wing used her and tossed her aside when they were done beating up Clinton. What they did seemed far worse than the few minutes of embarassment she went through when Clinton dropped his pants.

I had a friend in high school who would go up to almost any woman and ask her to sleep with him. If they said no, he moved on to the next. He never held a grudge or continued to pursue the ones that declined. An unbelievable amount of women would say yes and he would get laid! Clinton's behavior reminds me of my friend's behavior.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by sleeping queen
ITA It is hard to respect someone who capitalizes on being victimized.
You have no idea why she did what she did.

judge not, lest ye be judged. isnt' that from the bible or something?

·
Registered
25,064 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rhonwyn
I am kind of divided on this. Clinton's behavoir was boorish and stupid but he took no for an answer
Actually, did Kathleen Willey say, "NO!" - or - Juanita Broderick...?

Quote:
and Jones never suffered any repercussions from saying no.
Actually, she felt she was denied advancement in position in the government job she had.

·
Registered
19,139 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by organicbanana
... but the scandal surrounding fawn hall wasn't sexual in nature.
i guess i don't really understand the comparison...
or are you just talking about being thrust into the public eye in general?
Mostly just talking about a reaction to being thrust in the public eye... but at the time I seem to recall a great deal being made in the press about her looks and I am pretty sure she did get offers to do things like model tight jeans and pose in Playboy.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts