Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Elora had PDA surgery today- all went well

She just had surgery on her intestines last week- well not even a full week ago- it was Tuesday!
Hopefully now she can work on growing. I can't believe she'll be four weeks old tomorrow.

What procedures like these have your babies gone through?

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
Get well Elora and grow, grow,grow!!!

We were blessed that our girls just needed to grow and become stronger suckers. Chaya was on oxygen overnight but nothing else.

·
Premium Member
8,322 Posts
Elora- get that growing under way now! I'm glad her pda is closed now. Amazing how they call it a "routine surgery". I said its routine when its someone else's kid in another place. I felt for any parent whose child had to have any surgery. Funny how all those babies became my own in many situations...

MAggie was scheduled to have that surgery but it closed that week after the 3rd dose of the meds. It closed after 2 doses but then opend after a staph infection from her line. So we had to vent her again and then do another round for the pda. what a nightmare.

pm me w any frustrations or want to talk

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Elora's PDA was large- and it got smaller but after two doses of the meds- then she started having issues with her belly & intestines, and the meds hurt them so they decided not to do the third dose & we'd wait and see if it closed by itself... and it didn't

My husband asked the doctor what happens to the metal clip they use to close it... and he said it stays in them for the rest of their lives... so weird to think a teeny clip small enough to be on a one pound baby will forever be in her body...

Then the one nurse said, 'hopefully the clip will stay in place & the PDA will remain closed'
UM OMG? I guess in the past they've had them come undone- and had to repeat the surgery. Great. Just what I needed to hear... it was better when my biggest worry was whether the clip would make her beep at the airport @@

Wow I really got rambling... sorry!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts