Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,439 Posts
Hi!
We do have a dx of PDD-NOS. This is the class of Autism Spectrum disorder where basically they stick anyone that doesn't fit in Asperger's or Autism.
Elijah is just 4, and he's sweet, affectionate, and loving. He's a doll, yk? But he has some issues. Speech was fine until he was around 2 then he lost it. He isn't developing at the same rate as other kids his age.
The good news is, his personality is fabulous, he plays with toys well, and with speech therapy he is learning very rapidly to speak well and take directions. Getting your child the right help is a very positive thing and it really helps you feel good that everything is going to be OK.
I know how you feel right now, because I felt it too. I especially felt guilty for not going sooner to get him help. You don't need an official diagnosis to get him the help he needs, though sometimes it helps. I don't know what is available where you live, but we had a developmental pediatrician see our son and he did the diagnosis.
Eli is doing great now, seriously. OT and ST and the preschool he has been in are doign wonders for him!

· Registered
1,439 Posts
Eli used to get an hour a week privately, 30 min of OT privately per week.

Now we are goign through the schools because we won't have ins. until january with my dh's new job..so the school has approved 2 hours of ST and 2 hours of OT weekly, but a lot of that will be in a group setting and very little alone. However, the school has a special sensory integration room they go to every day which is pretty darn cool called Snoezelen. We'll see how it goes..it's all still too new to see how it will all affect him.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.