Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
15,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
UPDATE: Liepold Farms, 11am, Sunday, October 14th. Follow the link below for directions.

-------------------------------------------------------

Moving over from the September thread.

Tomorrow is October mama's! It's pumpkin patch time!

This is where we have been going since moving to Oregon.

http://www.liepoldfarms.com/fall_fest.htm

So does anyone want to go? I was thinking on a Sat., or Sun so Dad's can go. I know not only does my DH like to go, but those of us with more than one small child benefit from the extra hand!

I have something going on on the 6th, but I can do the 7th or the weekend of the 13th/14th. I will repost this on the Oct. thread tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Playgroup my place Friday at 1-3p. Sorry, I know that doesn't work for Allison and maybe some you others since Friday afternoon traffic is Excuriatingly bad. I'd do it earlier but we have storytime at 10:30. Anyone who wants to come please PM me. I am off Woodstock and 87th which is the Foster exit of 205I.
I have a 3.5 y and 18 mo but any ages welcome. We do have pets for any those with allergies.

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by InochiZo View Post
Playgroup my place Friday at 1-3p. Sorry, I know that doesn't work for Allison and maybe some you others since Friday afternoon traffic is Excuriatingly bad. I'd do it earlier but we have storytime at 10:30. Anyone who wants to come please PM me. I am off Woodstock and 87th which is the Foster exit of 205I.
I have a 3.5 y and 18 mo but any ages welcome. We do have pets for any those with allergies.
We are sick anyway.
:

·
Registered
3,439 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by aolinsmama View Post
: i may be the only mama on mothering that is *not* very crafty...
:

Quote:

Originally Posted by aniT View Post
Nope, I promise you that you are not.

Definitely not! Though I'm trying to get craftier...

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Breastfeeding counselor/educator needed to run weekly support groups

Zenana Spa and Wellness Center/Beyond Birth Lactation Services is looking for just the right person to facilitate our weekly breastfeeding support groups, held on Mondays from 10:30 AM - 12:00 PM at Zenana Spa and Wellness Center, which is located in the 7 corners neighborhood of inner SE Portland.

You can read more about our facility at www.zenanaspa.com, and more about Beyond Birth Services at www.beyondbirthservices.com.

Job Description:
Set up classroom for support group each morning, including chairs, table, scale, diaper changing station, sign in sheet, and literature.
Put away all support group equipment and furnishings and sweep classroom/leave ready for later classes or groups.
Facilitate support group, addressing the questions and needs of each mother in attendance, making suggestions that fall within the scope of support group and/or referring for a private consultation with one of our lactation consultants for issues that fall outside the scope of support group.
Bring articles of relevance or discussion topics to support group to stimulate conversation or educate the mothers about a relevant issue related to breastfeeding.
Communicate with Lactation Consultant on duty regarding the needs of any mothers in attendance.
Assist mothers with using digital baby scale to weigh their babies

Job Requirements:

The successful candidate...
Will have experience and training/certification as a Lactation Educator, Breastfeeding Peer Counselor (LLL, WIC, NMC), or IBCLC, or in the absence of such training, must have extensive experience working with breastfeeding mothers and infants as a Doula, Midwife, or other postpartum care professional AND experience leading breastfeeding support groups or classes AND recent, relevant, continuing education in the lactation field.
Will be kind, empathetic, nonjudgemental, and possess excellent active listening and troubleshooting skills.
Will work well independently, and be able to make sound decisions in the face of strong emotions and challenging issues.
Will feel passionate about helping mothers to breastfeed their babies, and be able to give evidence based, non-judgemental information in order to provide valuable support and problem solving for different mothers, in a variety of situations.

Compensation

Hourly rate depending on experience - total hourly commitment is 2 hours per week.

If you are interested in this position please send a letter of interest and a resume or summary of your experience and credentials to:

[email protected]

Please pass this along to anyone who might be interested. Thank you!

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Darn! and i need a job too! No positions for a pushy, judgemental, loud-mouth lactivist?
:

Ah well, someday i'll figure out something I can do to make money...

Anywhooo... Subbing...

·
Registered
3,764 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by InochiZo View Post
hey, i was wondering if i should bring anything?

·
Registered
651 Posts
hey Zoe i just found out i have to work Friday 1-5 so we won't be able to make it
poop! but i *usually* have thursdays and fridays off-so maybe we can get together at another time. this new job thing is doing nothing for my social calendar, i swear! i *just* met Hedy and want to get together with her again too. hope you all have a great time...

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by aolinsmama View Post
hey Zoe i just found out i have to work Friday 1-5 so we won't be able to make it
poop! but i *usually* have thursdays and fridays off-so maybe we can get together at another time. this new job thing is doing nothing for my social calendar, i swear! i *just* met Hedy and want to get together with her again too. hope you all have a great time...

Sorry, to hear you can't make it. Those darn jobs. They sure can be annoying. Yeah, I will definately plan another one, but probably not until late Oct. or Nov. because we are going out of town in 2 weeks.

1 - 20 of 119 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.