Mothering Forum banner

PDX Holiday Wish List thread

5K views 78 replies 32 participants last post by  mama_nomad 
#1 ·
This thread is for local area PDX mamas.

Okay mamas post you wants, needs, desires here.

See less See more
#5 ·
i wish i would have moved to portland to know all of you sooner! but seriously...

i still wish we had a tall scratching post with bed for our kitties.

i wish i had a boppy with an organic cover for when the baby comes (i sold mine when i thought i was done having babies...
)

#10 ·
I wish for people to come over and hang out and/or sew, even though Nigel might beat up their kids or scream at me the whole time.

I wish i had a job that i could work without my kid endangering anyone else's kids, but didn't have to pay for childcare myself
:

I also wish for a television that will work with a PS2 so Raven can play DDR and get some exercise (this is a bit greedy, because we have one, but the sound is dead awful with the PS2, but fine with just regular TV) I could even trade our 27" TV as long as someone only wanted it for watching.

#11 ·
I wish for someone to pay off our midwife

A baby that sleeps cause she just woke up and I can't even finish my list...

Okay I have returned.

I wish for NB and small cloth diapers (that I don't have to return cause I will never remember whose they are)

Size 2T pants and warm winter shirts and dresses for a girl

Size 4T pants for a boy

Any diaper making fabrics/supplies you don't want anymore

#12 ·
I wish for rain slickers in 18 month and 3T sizes. Or even for someone to tell me where I can buy some for cheap. Only ones I can find are at REI and are more than I want to spend. There are plenty of winter coats out there but not slickers.

I wish I had a book shelf that displays the books facing front so kids can see what book they want to pick. Or even just a conventional small kids bookcase.

#13 ·
I wish for a soup cookbook. Specifically crockpot soups and stews.

I wish for Hanna Anderson dresses and leggings for Sophia. Especially of the daydress/playdress variety. Size 80 and up. (I know, I know, I'm soooo greedy but someone might have these just laying around . . .)

I wish for photo albums. (empty)

I wish for a booster seat for Sophia so I can grant someone else's wish for a high chair.

I wish for any and all wonderful mama made items.

I wish for a photo printer (hey it's not a piano!)

#15 ·
I wish for a BIG diaper bag. My last one wore out, and I know you need more space with CDs.

I wish for random extra pieces of wooden train tracks to extend our set.

I wish for a size 3 or 4 snow suit and maybe a few more pairs of winter pajamas.

I would also LOVE homemade things, and I really enjoyed the music comps some mamas made last year, although I never managed to find the time to make one of my own.

I wish for whirled peas, haha, sorry.

And I forgot newborn CD stuff. What was I thinking?!

#17 ·
I wish for all of your unwanted prefold diapers in infant size. I was recently given a small box of covers by a friend but nothing to put in them. Anything to stuff in large pocket diapers would also be greatly appreciated.

I also wish for world peace and that conflicts could be resolved over a game of chess vs blowing eachother up.(Well I can wish
)

#22 ·
I wish we could have stayed in Portland longer...

I wish I had a good, heavy stockpot.

I wish I had a few more kitchen towels and dishtowels.

I wish I had a cute hand me down quilt for DD's new bed (queen).

I wish I had some wood for shelving, or some little bookcases for DD's new room.

I wish I had some wooden frames to hang in DD's new room.

#23 ·
I wish for ONE dropperful of witch hazel bark tincture.

Actually seriously, I'm probably having a UC this time & I'd love some witch hazel tincture on hand to take to help prevent PP hemorrhage but you take it before the placenta comes out & during all 3 of my other births the placenta came out pretty immediately. Soooooo I hate to spend the $$$ on some dumb tincture I'd probably never use again & would only use IF my placenta was delayed for some reason for the 1st time.

Also, sheets for a Pak N' Play

and a baby scale.

#24 ·
I wish for some mama cloths, nursing two beans has made me shrink

size 18-20 and xl or 1x shirts depending if they run small.

I wish for some dishes, otis has broken all of ours

I wish for some mama made cd's, some good grooving music, we are weaning otis off of the morning cartoons and he really likes to shake his booty so anything with a beat that would make him dance, dance, dance

I wish for a great house to rent, close to a park and a good food store, a restaurant or two within walking distance couldnt hurt, know of any places like that
3 bedrooms, 2 baths, a fenced in back yard? Anywhere we arnt picky

#25 ·
i wish buffybutt would rent a house close to me so our boys could play

i wish for plan city toys so santa can bring them

i wish for any kind of building or linking toy sets (like lincoln logs or connectagons, etc.)

i wish for books a 3yo boy would enjoy

i wish for bigger prefolds or any size M dipes/covers

i wish for sunshine between the rain!

hey this is fun

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.