Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
UPDATE: Doesn't look like good news. I had to call the lab because the doctor didn't call me back. Progesterone came back 7.4. So, I'm pretty sure that this pregnancy is ending. Thank you all for your support and good wishes. With any luck I'll be back on the I'm Pregnant board sometime soon.

Hi, March DDCers,

Looks like I'm out. Had first checkup today, and the doc leapt in right away with t/vag U/S. I knew immediately that it was wrong. Big empty sac, no embryo, no heartbeat. Anembryonic pregnancy, a.k.a. blighted ovum. He's confirming with blood tests of hcg and progesterone, but he said that U/S is a pretty reliable diagnostic tool. So, it looks like d&c for me.

We're really disappointed, but so far not sad. I don't look at this as losing a baby. There was something wrong, and that is why we have this internal quality control mechanism to shut it down. There simply wasn't a baby to lose. What I'm losing is the excitement of having #2 on the way. Doc says with the d&c this early, we don't have to wait if we want to try again right away. That's a decision we'll have to consider seriously because that would put us with a due date towards when we are supposed to move back to the U.S., and when our Cobra insurance will be coming close to ending.

Good luck to the rest of you, I wish very happy and healthy babies!
Judi

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
I'm sorry.

I had this exact same experience with my second baby -- just a gestational sac. They were completely positive it was a blighted ovum. I insisted on a repeat ultrasound a week later, and they were immediately able to see the embryo and heartbeat, developing right on schedule.

Please do everything you can to rule out this possibility -- following hcG levels is good too.

It's a hard time, I'm sorry.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you all so much for your support. I'm going to take MsElle's advice, and wait for the lab numbers and probably do a repeat u/s on Tuesday. I guess stranger things have happened. I'm not pinning a lot of hope on this one though, but will just wait it through to see what happens.

Thanks again for your support. And, Elle, thank you for sharing your experience. That is exactly the reason I come here to these boards.

Peace,
Judi

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
, Judi. I'll
: that it's the same thing that happened to Elle. Please keep us posted.

Our thoughts are with you!

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Oh, Judi, I agree totally with Elle. Let us know, and in the meantime I'm thinking of you and sending peaceful thoughts your way.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thank you all again! Elle just sent me a pm with the details of her situation. Two things that happened in her case, are also happening in mine. So, I have some hope (hopefully not false). I'm waiting to hear from the doc with the lab results.

Just to share from Elle's pm, I had eaten a big lunch before my u/s, which apparently can affect the result, and I *might* have a retroverted uterus.

I'll let you know when I know more.

I don't know what I would do without mothering and without all of you. What a marvelous resource we all have in each other

·
Premium Member
9,388 Posts
I was just posting to say how sorry I am, and then I read your last post. So now I'm posting to say that I'm
: that you get good news and a happy ending. Let us know what happens, of course.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts