Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of a good holistic-minded pediatrician or family doc in New Orleans. We just returned to the city and now have a 17 mo. ds. We delayed vacs, don't circumsize, co-sleep, and ds is a vegetarian who is still nursed. We want someone who is open-minded, and even supportive of these practices.

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
You can search in here for his addy/ phone (off Spanish Fort Blvd), but Dr. Keith Capone (NOT Kenneth), I thought was very open-minded. We used him until this past fall, when we moved.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
we use napoleon pediatrics, but i am very conflicted about them. they have been fine with some of our practices - uncircumcised son, vegetarians, cloth diapering, but have seemed critical of certain others. for example, i did natural childbirth at touro with both kids. with my second, there was absolutely no medication used whatsoever, so once she was delivered, i was ready to leave and nap peds didn't want to sign her out. we actually changed our pediatrician to just some guy that agreed to let us leave that morning. as much as i like our actual ped (michael heller), he did tell us that he wouldn't have approved of us leaving either and that their policy as a practice was not to sign off on that. so, long and short is that i'm not sure i'd recommend them. i'll ask some of my other friends who they use.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts