Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just relocated to Nokesville which is right outside of Manassas. I am wanting to fine a Ped/Family practice office near us. If anyone has anyone they can recommend, that would be great.

Thanks

· Registered
967 Posts
I'm bumping this for you because I know some people have had recommendations in the past. I want to say there's an older gentleman whose name starts with a G that a friend recommends in Manassas. I can tell you I'd stay away from Bull Run Family Practice - they aren't bad exactly, but that place is so crowded we never saw the same doctor twice and even when we did they never remembered us. Not at all friendly. I'll try to get that name for you of that Dr. G!

· Registered
265 Posts
I used Dr. Anastasia Williams of Olde Town Pediatrics. She was fantastic, never questioned my choices and took a more natural approach to their care. She moved her practice, so I'm not sure exactly where she is now, but I recommend her.

· Registered
412 Posts
I'm going to bump this again because I would love to hear any additional recs anyone has in the Manassas/Gainesville area (would even be willing to go as far as Centreville, in one direction, or Haymarket, in the other) for a ped who is: (1) okay with out of hospital birth; (2) okay with spacing out vax; and (3) generally less quick to jump to interventions when none are needed (such as suggesting formula supplementation for a EBF baby who is gaining weight slowly). Oh, and takes United. I have heard that there is a woman in Gainesville with a newer solo practice who is pretty laid back, but I haven't been able to find out her name yet.

· Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by JamieFay View Post
I used Dr. Anastasia Williams of Olde Town Pediatrics. She was fantastic, never questioned my choices and took a more natural approach to their care. She moved her practice, so I'm not sure exactly where she is now, but I recommend her.
She is our doctor also!!!
She did not blink an eye when we talked about delaying vaccinations or when I told her that ds was not circumcised, she informed us to not retract (which we already knew). All his other doctors told us to retract.

I walked out of her office smiling.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.