Mothering Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

We are moving back to the NE RI/ Southern Mass in about 2 weeks. My DH and I have been living in NYC for about 7 years and have spent this past year in London, UK. We both grew up in RI/MA (Woonsocket/Millville), but I think after our time spent in the big cities....the move back might be a bit of a culture shock

We will be commuting back and forth to London a bit for the rest of the year, but will be based in RI until we get everything sorted out. After that we are hoping to settle in Mass, somewhere around Franklin.

We are looking for recommendations for a non-vax, vegan friendly ped/family doc/or even preferably ND. I am also looking for information on playgroups/mama groups who are crunchy/AP friendly

TIA for your help!!

·
Registered
4,744 Posts
I can't help with the pedi's... always on the look out myself, but there is a AP group in that area.... There may also be a babywearing group in Rhode Island.

You might have some luck with the members of this group since they are in that area.... and I'm sure some MDC folks will be on...

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/API-So...MA-NorthernRI/

Jessica

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by jessjgh1 View Post
I can't help with the pedi's... always on the look out myself, but there is a AP group in that area.... There may also be a babywearing group in Rhode Island.

You might have some luck with the members of this group since they are in that area.... and I'm sure some MDC folks will be on...

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/API-So...MA-NorthernRI/

Jessica
Thanks for the suggestion! I just joined!

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by toastqueen View Post
Just wanted to say hi! I grew up in Franklin, but am in central MA now and will be no help with pedis!

I actually went to Dean a *ahem* few years back, so I know Franklin pretty well

·
Registered
158 Posts
Hi there-

We live in Woonsocket and see Cheryl Flynn in Lincoln. She's not the doc in RI who's known for being okay with delaying/declining vaccines, but she is very supportive of your choices once she knows that you have researched them a bit. My first daughter was fully vaccinated, but my younger two kids are not vaxed and she'll ask if we want to do any vaccines, but she does not press the issue at all.

Her office is right off of 146.
401-333-1656

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Dr. Michael Rosenberg, DO
335 Hope St
Providence, RI 02906
(401) 272-1832

He was our family doctor when we lived in Seekonk. While not anti-vax, he is very pro 'what ever the parents want' He was fine with our delayed vax turned 'no vax' plan
I really miss him.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Agh...There is a ped supportive of Attachment Parenting, no vax, ect in Bristol, RI....However, I am slowly becoming more and more senile as the pregnancy goes on. Maybe someone else can give more info.

We live on Aquidneck Island, and are not due until August with our first child together (a little boy)....So, he won't be ready to do much but absorb that which surrounds him for quite some time...but, we have plans to go apple picking and to make some apple butter this fall. Perhaps, you'd like to join...I know it's a while off...but, the offer will remain.

I hope your move is a smooth transition...

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the great suggestions everyone! I am going to make some phone calls and compare with our insurance to see who takes what

And we would love to meet up with some MDC folks! As soon as we get settled in, I'll let you know! (MMM...I love apple butter!)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.