Mothering Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any tips for crunchy Pediatricians around Boulder? They'd have to be novax/no circ/ ap friendly.

I'd also take Naturopath or Chiro. recommendations as well.

We've just landed here

Anne

·
Registered
9,078 Posts
Good question, I am still looking...

I have tried Paul Berger MD, and frankly wasn't impressed. He was okay with not vaxing but did want to know why we wouldn'd be doing tetanus. He also wanted to retract my DS's penis which we both refused.

Someone recommended Dr Roy Steinbock, 303-318-4102, but I haven't seen him. Also, IIRC, your dd is going to Shining Mountain? If so you might want to check out Dr Andrew Blanning, he is an Anthroposophic doc based in Denver but has an office in Boulder twice a month. Again, I haven't seen him, but am thinking about checking him out, but honestly, my kids have no need at the moment.

There a tons of good naturopaths, homeopaths etc, there are probably more alternative practitioners in Boulder than allopathic ones! The thing is my kiddos tend not to need to see these people, so I can't give you any names. I can ask around for you though.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah, luckily so far my kiddos tend not to see our pede more than the yearly visit--but I like to have someone for that just in case.

I will check out the anthro. doc., and would love if you could ask around for a good chiro. I have a definite need for one for me, and like to have the kids adjusted every so often.

thanks!

·
Registered
9,078 Posts
Quote:
love if you could ask around for a good chiro. I have a definite need for one for me, and like to have the kids adjusted every so often.
DH goes to The Joint at Arapahoe Village, opposite McGukins, The Joint won "Best in Boulder" for chiropractors FWIW. BTW, have you discovered the joys of McGukins yet?!

·
Registered
826 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by uccomama View Post
DH goes to The Joint at Arapahoe Village, opposite McGukins, The Joint won "Best in Boulder" for chiropractors FWIW. BTW, have you discovered the joys of McGukins yet?!
I will be there this week! So subbing...

As an aside My friend and her husband started The Joint here in Tucson several years ago. They have many stores now, and are based out of Atlanta now. Good to see there is one in Boulder(I should have guessed). They are GREAT people and have a great business. How cool is that?

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:

BTW, have you discovered the joys of McGukins yet?!
no, we're just trying to find someplace to rent and get out of the Residence Inn. I would love to be on to discovering McGukins.

thanks for the welcome!

·
Registered
9,078 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by melamama View Post
no, we're just trying to find someplace to rent and get out of the Residence Inn. I would love to be on to discovering McGukins.
Good luck on the house search. Are you looking just in North Boulder to be close to school or further afield?

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:

Good luck on the house search. Are you looking just in North Boulder to be close to school or further afield?
originally we wanted to stick to just N. Boulder, but there is just so little--and we have a dog+cat so that complicates things. there is definitely more out toward Longmont, but that drive to N. Boulder everyday might get tough.

I think we found something yesterday--to the east though. we'll try it out until we get to know the area better.
we had even started to look at houses to buy, but that feels even crazier. the market out here is wild.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Our naturepath is in Boulder and we live in Denver and would not pick anyone else in the world to care for our children. She is Jodi Shevins and she is truly a miracle worker and one of the most talented homeopaths around! Our children have never needed anything more than her remedies and they have gotten pretty sick at times. I could go on for days about how amazing I think she is and how everyone I know should take thier children to her.

·
Registered
9,078 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by brookelynnp View Post
Our naturepath is in Boulder and we live in Denver and would not pick anyone else in the world to care for our children. She is Jodi Shevins and she is truly a miracle worker and one of the most talented homeopaths around!
I have heard good things about her too, many of the parents at DS's school use her. For our family, a naturepath isn't really needed, DH is in the alternative health field and we can handle most things "inhouse".

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.