Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm in need of a hopefully naturally minded pediatric dentist for my 5yo and possibly my 21mo. we have Blue Cross/Blue Shield insurance if that helps anything. i'd be willing to drive to anything that's near the 285. any help would be much appreciated.

· Registered
4,390 Posts
I looked for a pediatric dentist for a looong time before we got a referral for one that we like! There are a whole lot of them out there who refuse to even let you in the treatment room.

The one we think is super is Dr. Hansen. He's not really near you. He's not really near me, either, but we're more than happy to drive there. He and especially his hygienists were so excellent with my fearful son.

I can't say whether he takes BCBS, you'll have to call. I will say that he doesn't take our insurance, Aetna, and our cost to pay the out of network charges is going to end up the same as we'd have paid at another dentist we saw, who DID take our insurance. We found Dr. Hansen's fees to be very reasonable.

He encourages using and also sells xylitol products, which is a nice change from the 'fluoride as the end-all, be-all' thing most dentists go with. And I found that he was more than willing to follow whichever treatment plan I felt comfortable with. He kept saying that everything is up to us and whatever we want to do- that may sound obvious, but it's *not* the attitude we got from other dentists I checked into!

· Registered
3,183 Posts
I strongly recommend Dr. Berman at Mercury Free Dental in Norcross.

She does her own cleanings. She has no prob. with the whole family being back there. She is very wary of fluoride. She will discuss options with you. Recently she wanted to fill my daughter's first cavities, but after researching on here and elsewhere, I called her and asked her about watching to give them a chance to heal (as we were doing xylitol gum, flossing after every meal / snack, ...etc). So instead of going in to get them filled, we went for an ozone treatment at which point they were already hardening so we did the ozone and we will return in 1 month.

· Registered
4,390 Posts
Dr Berman does ozone therapy??? I was on two of those dental yahoo groups and never could find somebody around here who uses that treatment! That's awesome. Hmmm, I would like to try it, but it takes so long to get ds used to new people, and he did well at Dr. Hansen's.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.