Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My baby is 4 months old. The pediatrician touched his penis with 2 fingers on either side. I told him I didn't want him to retract. Baby didn't cry, and there is no visible irritation. So no harm done, right? I just wanted to make sure. It seemed like the doctor really wanted to retract, but was trying to hold himself back.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
If you are planning to meet same doctor again, please print this out, highlight the following and make sure he reads it and agrees with it!

http://www.medem.com/search/article_..._typ=NAV_SERCH

"...foreskin retraction should never be forced. Until separation occurs, do not try to pull the foreskin back - especially an infant's. Forcing the foreskin to retract before it is ready may severely harm the penis and cause pain, bleeding and tears in the skin...."

·
Registered
14,239 Posts
From now on instead of saying dont retract tell him not to even touch the penis. There is no reason to other than moving it so he can get to the testicles.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.