Mothering Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok Im only 13 weeks but I feel like I am constantly peeing all the time already! And I feel like my bladder isnt emptying when I do go. Is this normal for this early? Its not that I am drinking a overly amount of water either that would make me pee constantly, I have always struggled with drinking enough and I do good to get 3 or 4 glasses of water a day. Bad, I know. I have always struggled with drinking enough! My body doesnt need as much fluid I guess!

·
Registered
601 Posts
I'm right there with you--I get up 3 or 4 times a night to pee like 50 cc. My theory is that I can't feel the baby move, but my bladder can and it pushes on it and gives me the urge. I was worried about a UTI, but it's not painful and I don't have bladder pain so I think I'm in the clear. It does freak me out a little because what will I be like at full term??

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Seriously! I NEVER used to get up in the middle of the night to pee, NEVER! Now I am getting up at least once, sometimes twice at night already. WHat is going to happen in a few months???

·
Premium Member
3,618 Posts
baby needs new fluid every so often, so your body is replacing the fluid (you drinking) and then excreting it through you kidneys. i think that is why i pee more at night then in the afternoon. i heard this tapers off later in the second trimester and then back up at the end of the third. this was my experience also. by now your blood volume should have doubled and that helps move the fluid right through.

i use so much TP that i bought a roll of flannel and am making some wipes. it shames me how much TP i am wasting. i would rather wash it. last time we went shopping he was surprised. he said "we went through all that TP already? are you really buying that much?" i said (to the delight of an old lady who snickered) "im pregnant, i pee a lot. would you rather i just drip everywhere?" poor DH. nobody else will use it here, but i use most of it anyway. so i am going to cut up some flannel.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I've been peeing constantly since like week 6, I think. Although I do drink a lot of water. But I am going a lot more than I did pre-pregnancy, that's for sure. Every time we're in a store and I start to say to DH, "I have to - " he tends to cut me off and say, "pee, I know. DS and I will go look at ______." If we're watching something we recorded at night, DH doesn't fast forward through commercials anymore just so I have time to run to the bathroom.

I'm so worried about the third trimester. I'm already up multiple times per night and going every hour at least during the day.

·
Registered
623 Posts
I get up at least twice a night, ever since I found out I was pg. I thought it would have peetered out by now, but I'm still going. With my first I peed a lot up until like 8 weeks and not again until like 35. Its making me extra tired to keep getting up!

·
Registered
535 Posts
Yes, All. The. Time! I am surprised, I thought it would be a third-trimester thing, but no, at 12 weeks I'm just a peeing fool. Which reminds me, I need to go buy toilet paper, again! I thought that it might be tapering off a bit this week, but I don't know, I'm still going a lot.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
I NEVER used to get up to pee in the middle of the night. EVER.
Well, not any more!! At least once if not twice every night. And I am not doing a dainty tinkle... we are talking full bladder!

I am figuring that I will spend the third trimester on the toilet. !!!!

Also, I'm worried... I've had the occassional bout of mild leaking in the past, especially if I hold it for too long, and it runs in the family (mom's had issues, especially after having the three of us kids). So I am thinking that some pads will become very necessary as I get further along. Otherwise a sneeze, or just a sudden-onset-omg-I-have-to-PEE will result in an embarassing accident. I am also trying VERY hard never to hold on. I pee whenever I have the urge, and even sometimes when I don't but happen to be passing the bathroom.

·
Premium Member
3,618 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spiralshell View Post
I NEVER used to get up to pee in the middle of the night. EVER.
Well, not any more!! At least once if not twice every night. And I am not doing a dainty tinkle... we are talking full bladder!

I am figuring that I will spend the third trimester on the toilet. !!!!

Also, I'm worried... I've had the occassional bout of mild leaking in the past, especially if I hold it for too long, and it runs in the family (mom's had issues, especially after having the three of us kids). So I am thinking that some pads will become very necessary as I get further along. Otherwise a sneeze, or just a sudden-onset-omg-I-have-to-PEE will result in an embarassing accident. I am also trying VERY hard never to hold on. I pee whenever I have the urge, and even sometimes when I don't but happen to be passing the bathroom.
i have a uterine prolapse. i have pissed my pants 2x last week b/c i sneezed without holding it in first. my kids thought that was hilarious though.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Yea, I have zero bladder control after being pg 6 times. I pee 2-3 times/night and probably 5-6 times during the day.

·
Premium Member
3,618 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by boobs4milk View Post
Yea, I have zero bladder control after being pg 6 times. I pee 2-3 times/night and probably 5-6 times during the day.
this is only my third preg and i pee every 15 min during the day and 5-6 times at night. i have a prolapse though so i am sure that influences it. i was reading your post and wishing i had some more control lol

·
Registered
225 Posts
I have had that too..my midwife checked my urine for a bladder infection, which women are very prone to during pregnancy- and I tested fine. Your body is going into hyper drive when it comes to the kidneys filtering body fluid- there is a ton more fluid and your kidneys are working alot harder, so I think the peeing a lot thing is normal....even BEFORE there is actually an elbow jabbing your bladder!

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
During the first trimester your blood supply is increasing by 50%. It take a while to adjust to this though so until you do you pee alot. Completely normal. It should get much better in the second trimester and then bad again in the third, but by then it's because there is less space for pee and the baby thinks it's fun to punch.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by LionessMom View Post
i have a uterine prolapse. i have pissed my pants 2x last week b/c i sneezed without holding it in first. my kids thought that was hilarious though.

Hugs...I hear ya. The worst part of this pregnancy so far was the vomiting with all day pregnancy sickness. I would pee every time is there was anything in my bladder.

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
this is the first pg i ever started out heavier than a twig
and i think it REALLY makes a diff as to how much pee you can hold!

every other pregnancy i didn't have to get up in the middle of the night til like 20+ weeks--but this time, ohh yes i'm doing it already, and it's even more than once a night if i don't remember to go pee very last thing before falling asleep. it's so annoying!
:

·
Registered
5,079 Posts
I think I have uterine prolapse now. I had a precipitous labor this time which I think is what caused it. So I pee my pants involuntarily now. Urgh!

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Pookietooth-Tell me why you think you have a uterine prolapse now. What symptoms besides wetting your pants?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.