Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How can I get Clive to stop peeing by his food dish? His bowl is elevated on top of a plastic bin and as soon as he's done eating he will pee on it. I've cleaned the area and sprayed it with Nature's miracle each time. DH is not happy. I have to keep reminding him of the overall improvement of Clive so he doesn't focus on this negative.

·
Premium Member
3,394 Posts
i've no earthly idea, but i took a vow to reply to threads with low post counts.....

i've never heard of a pet doing this! watch, now moose will start doing it. there's a Bach floral remedy for unwanted peeing... have you tried that? i forget which one.... holly maybe?

·
Registered
6,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's what I'm thinking that maybe he's trying to mark the spot.

The only other time he has peed indoors is the first week we brought him home. He peed 3x in the house and 3x in the garage. Then he didn't pee anymore. About a week or so later we moved stuff into the garage (where the dogs eat) and that's when he peed by his dish. Since then I will stand next to him while he eats and as soon as he's done I take him outside. Last night I got home late and DH fed the dogs. He filled the bowls and closed the door to the garage. When he opened the door he saw that Clive had peed on his dish stand again. He says the dog is "ruined" because he pees where he eats and that's not normal. I'm hoping I can train him to stop. Or at least prevent by doing what I was doing and just not leaving him in the garage alone. Perhaps feeding him elsewhere.

I'm wondering if he's peeing there because he thinks it's ok to pee in the garage or if he is marking his food stand.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.