Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how do you all handle the intentional accidents?

everyone I've asked for advice has said not to make a big deal of it.

now it's been going on for almost a year.

feels like the whole house is drenched in pee. we'll be playing, and then she'll say "mommy, I just peed right here." and point it out.

how can/should I respond?

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
I'm guessing you have you tried heaping praise when she does it right, but have you done the candy reward?

Candies are a strict no no in our house, so the impact is all the more when we used them.

Could this work for you?

Also, regular trips to the loo, whether she wants to or not, re-enforces the "naturalness" of doing it there.

Some random thoughts there.

a

Edited to add, NEVER show dismay. Be utterly neutral.

·
Registered
113 Posts
hey at least she doesnt do it and then laugh at you! My step son did this last year and thought it was funny because it annoyed me and he knew his mom didnt like me so it was his way of getting back at me for his mom

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
My son did this when right after his little sister arrived. Everytime I would sit to nurse, he would go pee somewhere. It was so annoying. Which, of course, was his intent. I ignored it, he stopped. But then again, he could have stopped just because he realized that baby sis wasn't going anywhere. All of which is to say, I don't have any advise but I do have lots of sympathy. Oh yeh, I found that "Nature's Miracle" from the pet store did the best job at getting rid of the smell.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Does she "help" you clean up the mess and get herself new clean clothes. I would make her as responsible for herself and the accident as she can be for her age. The less fun it is to pee on the floor and not the potty the less she should do it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.