Mothering Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Premium Member
2,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to pee SO much! It's really ridiculous. I can go and then literally within 5 minutes I have to go again...and it's not just a little bit, either. I've tried leaning all different ways to try to squeeze out every last drop, but to no avail. Although, sometimes I do manage to go just a little bit more by leaning way forward

It was never like this with DS, but he was transverse breech and high into my rib cage. Is this what it's going to be like from here on out?

· Registered
2,587 Posts
As much as I hate catheters, they do start to sound appealing towards the end

· Premium Member
2,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaryLang View Post
As much as I hate catheters, they do start to sound appealing towards the end

: I told DH this exact thing the other night. How nice would it be not to have to get up in the middle of the night?!

· Registered
6,484 Posts
I'm with you on the peeing thing. It's to the point where I swear my bladder just aches all the time. How I'd love to sleep for longer than 1.5 hours!!!

· Registered
4,421 Posts
Funny this thread just got posted today, as I began my nightly peeing ritual again with this second pregnancy. I was hoping to hold it off, but to no avail. I hate it, not because it wakes me up, but because then I have to try to get back to sleep. ANd the way DH saws wood, I want to shove a pillow over his face!

· Registered
2,007 Posts
I've been noticing that the toilet paper has been disappearing so quickly from the roll; it seems like I have to put a new roll on every other day. I had all these conspiracy theories about it, the leading one being that my son was sneaking in there and pulling off big wads and putting them in the garbage. Then last night I went to go pee after just having gone half an hour before, and I took some toilet paper and was like "OMG. Duh. It's me."

· Registered
1,765 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs-Mama View Post
I have to pee SO much! It's really ridiculous. I can go and then literally within 5 minutes I have to go again...and it's not just a little bit, either. I've tried leaning all different ways to try to squeeze out every last drop, but to no avail. Although, sometimes I do manage to go just a little bit more by leaning way forward

It was never like this with DS, but he was transverse breech and high into my rib cage. Is this what it's going to be like from here on out?
If you are going that much (sometimes I feel I need to go, but it's just pressure) are you going to do a GTT to check for diabetes? Peeing a lot is a symptom of diabetes, so is excessive thirst and hunger.

Otherwise, you are probably just normal for you!

Sometimes I feel like I have to go, but if I don't drink enough during the day I don't really have to go, it's just pressure from the baby.

· Premium Member
2,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by coyotemist View Post
If you are going that much (sometimes I feel I need to go, but it's just pressure) are you going to do a GTT to check for diabetes? Peeing a lot is a symptom of diabetes, so is excessive thirst and hunger.
Oh, don't tell me that! I declined the GD screening due to a bad reaction to it last time. I wouldn't say I have excessive thirst and hunger. I eat slightly less than normal amounts lately due to decreasing space in my tummy
, and I'm drinking what I would consider to be a normal amount. Also, the pee issue doesn't happen every single time, but especially in the morning and evening I do have to go a lot. On average I would say that I have to go every 1.5-2 hours and have to make the "extra" trips 2 or 3 times a day.

· Registered
141 Posts
I am right here with you. Sometimes I feel like I pee 5 times an hour, but this baby sits so low that it seems to block my bladder from emptying all the way. I am lucky still that at night it tends to sit higher and I do not have to get up yet to go overnight, I can still get 6-7 hours of straight sleep. But I have found that getting up right after going and then sitting back down and peeing again helps space out the number of times I have to go. I really hope this kid turns soon as its feet plant into my bladder and cervix are quite obnoxious

· Premium Member
2,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by thechuzzle View Post
...it seems to block my bladder from emptying all the way.
Yes, that's exactly how it seems to me, too.

Quote:
But I have found that getting up right after going and then sitting back down and peeing again helps space out the number of times I have to go.
Oooo, a new trick! I'll give it a try

· Registered
348 Posts
I definitely use the leaning forward thing, too, when trying to fully empty my bladder.

I am in my second full week of a new work stint (I'm employed casually). I always seem to have to go like half an hour after I get there, but I feel bad going to the bathroom a lot. Needless to say, I spend a lot of time squirming at the desk!!

· Registered
448 Posts
With my previous pregnancies, I found that once the baby is head down, I can roll forward and the pressure of his head helps to empty things out. I can't wait until this one is head down and heavy enough to help me do that!!

· Registered
1,768 Posts

This is the issue of my life. I'm taking two diuretics this pregnancy, and its beyond obnoxious. My five year old even gets annoyed by the sheer number of times I have to go pee. And then I get a bh ctx, and have to go again.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.