Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I grew up in the Brattleboro area & my extended family is still there . My husband and I are selling our house in northern CT and moving to Putney. We're buying property with my sister w/2 houses on it, starting our own little homestead/commune, LOL.

Anyway, I just wanted to see if there are other MDCers in the area. I'm pretty nervous about moving back, as I left for college in CT at 18yrs old & never moved back. My dh has lived in CT his entire life (but he's a Vermonter at heart). It's really hard to leave all our friends, the house where my babies were babies, etc.

We have 2 little ones, my oldest will be attending Putney Central School (we're not home schoolers yet
).

Don't know what else to say, but hi.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi there - welcome (in advance) to VT! I live in Brandon which is quite a little jog from Putney, but there seem to be a fair number of VT mamas on this site, probably NH also. I make it to Bellows Falls on occasion, there's an excellent thrift shop there called SEVCA Under the Rainbow. I hope your move is smooth sailing and you enjoy getting settled at your new place!

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Hi!
: Welcome to the area!

There are quite a few Vermonters around here. I used to live down in that area (albeit on the NH side) but moved up near Burlington now. We're loving living in VT! Hope you will too. Wishing a great move for you and that you get settled in quickly.

Again, welcome! Hope that have have a great holiday!

·
Registered
344 Posts
Hi there! We live in Chester....about 1/2 hour from Putney. I use to go to a really great children's consignment shop in Putney, but she closed down without explanation

You made a great choice with Brattleboro being so close and Walpole isn't far away either (Burdicks....mmmmmmm)

WELCOME!

·
Registered
10,795 Posts

I can relate to your nervousness. I am moving from AZ to the NE (we are currently in western MA but looking to move to VT very soon). I am moving moving (from AZ in just a few weeks after 8 years in the same home) scary but also
: we were looking at some places in Putney. (why your title caught my eye!) seems like a great town..but I have a feeling we will end up more towards Burlington..we are hopefully headed up to look at 3 places this weekend.

can't wait to join the VT tribe!

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Rainbowmoon, thank you for the encouragement. It is VERY hard sometimes. We've been here in our home for 9.5 years. We have put our blood, sweat and tears into it, and it's so hard to leave. I LOVE this house. But, as my dh says, it's just a house. I know in my head that we're making the right decision, but it's still hard. And I'm nervous to move back to the area where I grew up. I don't know almost anyone up there (other than family), and have no friends in the area at this point (which I'm sure will change).

Change is just hard, as you know!

Good luck with your move. I couldn't live that far north, LMAO! Too cold, dark & snowy. And I'm the one actually from VT, LOL!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.