Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...Feeling it especially when I walk long distances, or in the morning when I wake after sleeping all night. I remember feeling this with Noah, just not so soon.
And towards the end of my first pregnancy it was severe...
like I was gonna break in two.

Nothing major now, just pressure right in the middle of my lower pelvis...and sometimes a dull pinching feeling. I plan to tell this to my midwife in a couple weeks...but was wondering if anyone else was experiencing this?

thanks mammas, you guys are great...

Sarah

·
Registered
609 Posts
Oh, yeah...feeling that same thing after a long walk or other exercise. Like there's a weight sitting right on my cervix, actually, which I guess is exactly what it is! Sometimes I get the little pinching too, but nothing serious. Sometimes doing some pelvic exercises can help sorta stretch out the area and make it get better...

Good luck! Oh, the things we go through for these little punkins!

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
I feel occasional pressure and pinching, too. Sometimes, my cervix feels pinchy, like a little foot is kicking it from inside. It's too early for that, I think, though. As long as you're not in real pain, having consistent cramping, or bleeding, I think it's normal. I chalk it up to being sensitive and aware of everything going on with the me and the baby.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
It sounds like a loosey goosy symphasis pubis (Because the high amount of progesterone in your system makes all tissue, including the cartilage holding your pelvic bones together 'looser'. But this is a good thing too because at birth it helps make your pelvis more spacious for the baby's decent.) or your pelvic bones are a bit catywampus (sp?).

I would consider seeing a chiropractor or an osteopath if it gets more painful, they can really help sometimes...plus if there are any pelvic issues it can really help at the time of birth to prevent issues of malpositioning or pain if you have been treated in pregnancy. If you are interested you can ask a doula, midwife or LLL leader of who is recommended and experienced in dealing with pregnant women in your area.

Hope it feels better! Paige

·
Registered
3,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Paige, CPM
It sounds like a loosey goosy symphasis pubis (Because the high amount of progesterone in your system makes all tissue, including the cartilage holding your pelvic bones together 'looser'.
This makes sense to me...my other joints/bones have been popping/acting a bit funny...

Doesn't high progesterone levels also increase your libido? If yes...that's definately the case....

Dh has been a happy camper lately.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.