Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Premium Member
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure what to do with my 1yo. He's had something going on off and on with his penis for the last two weeks. He had a bad diaper rash after having a bout of diarrhea (so did his 2yo sister- they had the stomach flu.) Anyway, his penis was a little red, I assume it had to do with the diaper rash. the rash cleared up, but then the tip was still red and pussy from the urethra. I put some herbal cream on it and it cleared up. It's been red off and on since then, especially in the morning after being in a wet diaper so long, but it doesn't seem to bother him to pee. He doesn't have a fever, isn't grumpy, ect-all the things I look for when a baby isn't feeling well. He doesn't grab at his diaper or penis.

Then this afternoon, my husband changed his diaper and told me there was some blood in it- like a drop. Is this a warning sign? Has anyone had anything like this happen?

BTW- my son is circed (please don't flame- that's an issue for another board) and he wears cloth diaper.

· Registered
2,454 Posts
My son is circ'd too and has had frequent problems with redness and soreness on the tip of his penis. I frequently pull it back to clean it (usually either with a wipe or with gentle soap and water). I also put antibacterial ointment on it as well.

It might not hurt to call your ped about it, though.

· Registered
991 Posts
did you use any new soap on your diapers? i bet its just some sort of yeast infection. i know girls can get a little blood from a yeast infection. i dont think it has anything to do with being circumsized, if that makes you feel any better. i would just put some yeast cream on it and give it a few days. good luck!

elise

· Registered
1,401 Posts
I also don't think it has anything to do with the circ, btw...all 4 of my boys are circ'd. One of my boys has had the same thing and I think it was caused by some detergent residue mixing with his urine. I put my son in sposies for a couple days with triple anti-biotic ointment and it cleared up.

Hope your little guy gets better soon!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.