Mothering Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can peppermint tea cause a drop in supply. It is my favorite and I haven't had any in eight months because I am paranoid
Is spearmint also an herb that can cause supply problems? It is an ingredient in Mother's Milk tea, so I guess it should be safe?

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
I drank peppermint tea during pregnancy, and still drink it now and haven't noticed any problems with my supply.

·
Registered
4,992 Posts
It can. I think it's one of those things that you are either sensitive to or not. I don't drink it because I notice a difference if I over indulge in candy canes.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by silencia View Post
peppermint can decerease milk supply. i am really suprised it is in a tea for breastfeeding, becasuse I have always been told to avoid peppermint while breastfeeding.
I think she said it was spearmint that's in Mother's Milk Tea, not peppermint.

·
Registered
774 Posts
omg! I knew about sage, but I never even thought about peppermint. That explains a lot. I've been binging on tea since it turned cold and avoid caffeine in the evening, so it's been peppermint and chamomile. Last week when I had a lot peppermint tea, I just couldn't keep up with demand. And now that I haven't had peppermint in several days everything seems fine.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.