Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since getting pregnant, I don't want coffee or caffienated tea (which is strange, b/c I'm usually a coffee fanatic). But I suddenly love peppermint tea. Is this ok to drink in moderation (8-12 oz a day?)

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
I'm pretty sure it's safe. I looked it up when I was first pregnant. I drank it a lot and it really helped with pregnancy sickness. It can also help with heartburn later on too. I also craved it, but I think that was because it while drinking it was he only time I was not nauseous.

·
Registered
786 Posts
I drank a few cups in the first trimester (and I was breastfeeding, oops). The usual wisdom is that any herbal tea in moderation is fine. Peppermint was also in my first trimester "pregnancy tea" so that's another vote in favor of its safety.<br><br>
If you usually drink a lot of coffee and black tea though I suggest trying red raspberry leaf tea too. I normally prefer caffeinated beverages over herbal teas (because of the taste mostly) and plain red raspberry leaf tea tastes sooo good right now and seems to satisfy whatever need causes me to drink black tea... maybe the energy boost? I'm still drinking black tea, but I was pleasantly surprised to find another tea that was almost as satisfying.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts