Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just thinking how happy I was this morning that EVERYTHING is finally all set for my homebirth...have my birth kit, have my pool and hose and faucet adapter, my MW is back in town, etc..............

I happened to look in the baby's room where we are keeping the pool and saw it was still deflated. no biggie, even though I asked DH to inflate it last night, I just assumed he didn't get to it yet.

until I went downstairs and he said, "hey, did you check out the pool?"

and with a sinking feeling I said, "you didn't inflate it yet, right?"

and he says, "what are you talking about...it was rock hard last night...don't tell me it's flat now."

Yes, it's flat now.

SUPER! Any ideas on how to find out where the leak is and what to patch it with? I did contact the website I got it from and am hoping to get a replacement but don't know if that will come before baby does....

· Registered
433 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by angelachristin View Post
and he says, "what are you talking about...it was rock hard last night...don't tell me it's flat now."
I hope he didn't over inflate it and bust a seam!

Get an old spray bottle and put some soapy water in it.... Then have him blow it up again and spray the soapy water all over it. It will make bubbles where there is a leak

Did it come with a patch? My fishy pool did. You might still be able to get a patch kit from Target or Walmart in the pool clearance stuff!

Good luck!

· Registered
5,916 Posts
How big is it? Can you blow it up again and put it in the bathtub? The spot from the leak will bubble as the air escapes. I'm sure the whole pool won't fit in the tub, but you might be able to rotate it around slowly section by section until you find where the leak is. Then you can patch it with any pool patching kit (it might have come with one).

· Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK, so it MIGHT NOT have a hole in it after all. I went back into the baby's room to get some clothes I wanted to wash and decided to take a closer look at the pool. and I noticed that the valves on all 3 rings of the sides of the pool are open. It's the fishy pool, 60 x 22 round.

so I said to him, "Did you come back up here and open up all these valves after I told you the pool was flat?" and he was like, "No." So it looks like the genius might have inflated it last night and then not closed the valves...so duh of course the air slowly leaked out. it does seem kind of suspicious because it has 3 rings for sides that each have a separate valve...so I find it hard to believe all 3 have a hole...but the entire pool was flat when I saw it earlier. so yeah I think the clown just didn't close the valves. he swears he closed them, but also says he didn't open them again. and they are open now and I didn't do it! so maybe my pool is okay after all.

· Premium Member
14,037 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by angelachristin View Post
it does seem kind of suspicious because it has 3 rings for sides that each have a separate valve...so I find it hard to believe all 3 have a hole...but the entire pool was flat when I saw it earlier. so yeah I think the clown just didn't close the valves. he swears he closed them, but also says he didn't open them again. and they are open now and I didn't do it! so maybe my pool is okay after all.
Is it possible the 3 yo was playing with it?

· Registered
86 Posts
our fishy pool's valves also opened, but on their own. We have it up awaiting baby's arrival but DH will do another full air fill before we put water in it and cover the valves with duct tape to hold them close. DH thinks it happens "because its a cheap pool".

· Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by cristeen View Post
Is it possible the 3 yo was playing with it?
No, although it's a good thought. He doesn't know that the pool is there...it's in the new baby's room with the door closed at all times. If he knew it was in there he'd be all over it!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.