Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which style do you like better and why? My friend is teaching me to knit and we were both going to make some longies for Sara for the fall and winter(if I start now I might finish by December at the rate I"m learning!!!). We couldn't decide between these two patterns and which looked better. This will be my first pair of longies, worn or made! So any thoughts?????<br><br><br>
Meg

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
Depends on what style of pants you like to make. The LTK have ribbed cuffs and a closer fitting leg. The perfection pants are a wide-leg style.

·
Registered
4,611 Posts
I find the perfection pants pattern beyond my knitting ability (on my own w/o someone to show me how in a way I can see--visuals are important for me), although if you have a friend helping you maybe thats not an issue for you? As for the pattern, I think I will eventually *get* it. I've just been very busy this spring and haven't really devoted myself to trying to figure it out. I needed to just start the therapy knitting and not worry so much about pattern intricacies.<br><br>
I've had a pair of LTK pants and did like them (C outgrew them). Agree with above about what "style" you're looking for should dictate your choice. Theres also the Tiny Birds pattern (knit flat in 2 side you sew together) that was a good starter pattern.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
I have LTK longies & shorts, and also 2 pairs of perfection shorts. The fit is great on both kinds, but my vote is for the perfection pattern b/c of the crotch gusset, which is a fabulous feature IMHO.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts