Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
2,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
but can babies get hungry when you are pregnant? or do they never really have hungry/full cycles since they are constently getting fed through the umbiblical cord?

i ask because it seems like whenever i get hungry (which i blame on poppy
she also gets really active - like she's demanding to be fed. but i wonder if that's more of me imposing a personality on her, or if she actually feels that way.

· Registered
6,761 Posts
I think that because the nutrient supply is continuous, they don't actually feel hunger, maybe ( I don't know all the things a baby could feel if the mom never ate like in the case of a long term famine). They definitely do react to us eating as of course we're sharing the same blood supply. I think our hunger and our cravings is our bodies telling us what we need and what baby needs (though I do often get a mental image of the baby tugging on the cord "Come'on Mom, how about some apples down here!!")

· Registered
2,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Erica -
that's possible

I think I know when she's been really active at night though, because those morning I wake up SUPER hungry
:

It's funny because she kicks me tons when I'm hungry, then after I eat, she'll give me a few nudges to say, thanks mom, then she goes to sleep

· Registered
2,559 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by joshs_girl View Post
Erica -
that's possible

I think I know when she's been really active at night though, because those morning I wake up SUPER hungry
:

It's funny because she kicks me tons when I'm hungry, then after I eat, she'll give me a few nudges to say, thanks mom, then she goes to sleep

Yep, Abigail kicks me like crazy when i'm hungry. I've been guessing it's cus she hears my tummy growling. Then she'll kick me about halfway through my actual eating... lol. It's distracting to try and eat when you're being kicked.

· Registered
260 Posts
I find that the baby is often more active when I am hungry as well, and even though I'm pretty sure it is not really possible for the baby to be hungry, I have wondered if a drop in my blood sugar is somehow noticeable to the baby.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.