Mothering Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, here's the thing. I haven't been here in a long time - subscribed up until about 2 years ago. My son is 8; daughter is almost 7. They are in grade school and I am finally free to work without paying most of my salary to daycare. Finally, the finances are beginning to get under control.

I fear (yes! fear!) that I am pg again. I don't want to take a test because I don't want the answer that I fear will appear. Don't get me wrong...I LOVED being pg the other 2 times, I loved my all natural VBAC birth to my 9.5 lb daughter... said I would do it again....

I have successfully used the cycle bead method of birth control (because I hated the patch, the pill, the shot etc.) for over a year. I didn't want my dh to get snipped because I felt he/we were too young to make that permanent choice. we are both going to be 37.

Recently, I've had longer cycles.....night sweats (seriously soaking wet)....and insomnia....all signs of peri-menopause. I'm hoping I am just having one of those long cycles but my boobs hurt... maybe its all premenstral I don't know...

·
Premium Member
11,443 Posts
Elicia, it is entirely possible, but I would take a test before you lose your mind. I know what it feels like to fear the positive sign. However, you may be going through menopause, or at least the very begining of it.

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
I'd just go ahead and take a test. If your BC method has been pretty successful then it's probably all perimenopause and you'll get the - result you want to see.

Take the test.
Good luck!

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Did you take the test? Did you get the results you wanted if you did?

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
It is possible that you are in menopause--because it happened to me. I started having longer cycles and nightweats and hot flashes--but I chalked it all up to nursing my daughter (she was almost 3 at the time, and I had been having my period since she was 1, but I figured it could still be irregular).

But soon the hotflashes became VERY intense, and I called my doctor who ordered a blood test (checking FSH, LH, and estrogen). I was stunned to hear I was actually postmenpausal at 33. I had lots of follow up test to re check, but it was obvious I was postmeno in all of them. I am now 39, and have been trying to physically adjust...it is hard. Things are different now.

Anyhow, that is my story. I hope yours is not that one! Please let me know if you need to talk. I hope everything turns out okay.

Lisa

·
Registered
9,119 Posts
If your cycles have become longer for whatever reason, the cycle beads won't work for you. They only work if you have clockwork 28 day cycles and always ovulate around day 14.

I don't know which result you are hoping for, but I hope you get what you want!
nightsweats, hot flashes, insomnia, achey breasts are all PMS symptoms for me. Maybe AF is just around the corner. But if you don't want to get pregnant, either try charting your fertility signs a la TCOYF or use a more effective form of birth control.

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
Just lurking........hoping your AF came. Im also going thru what I think is perimenopause...... I once went 6weeks before getting my period, and I felt very preg too...but knew I couldnt be bc dh is snipped. You know, I didnt want him to get snipped earlier, before dd, bc he is alot younger than me and hadnt had dc's. So we ended up having dd, and he got snipped afterwards. I think HE came to realise he didnt want any more dc's.....and I felt better about the decision to snip. Its great not having to worry about birth control. Im 46 now, and definetly dont want any more......

HOping you get the results you want!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I never took the test....I just went to the doctor...it was an inevitable answer, what with the bra getting smaller and the waist starting to disappear. I'm over the initial shock now and just wondering what the heck we are going to do with a baby? LOL

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, see the cycle beads worked like a charm because the 1st 2 pregnancies I knew exactly when I conceived and it was around day 15-16......This was day 13 which I should have been more cautious because of those sweats that I had earlier in the month..... Oh well.

Anyway, Thank you to all of you who responded to my cry for help. I am slowly becoming more accepting of this pg.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Well... congratulations! There's a warm place in my heart for unplanned pregnancies. I really think they create some of the most special kids (ok, I'm biased because our daughter wasn't planned and she's the coolest thing on the planet!).

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I just wanted to thank everyone for their well wishes. I've been told that this one will be my "joy". Maybe so. I guess two at 18 months apart made it difficult to enjoy either one fully...so maybe this one will get the benefit of undivided attention.

It's still a secret because really i'm only about 7 weeks... GOODNESS this is going to be a long pg!

Thanks again!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.