Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not sure where to post this but I will try here.

My son is 10 months I exclusively breast feed (he does eat but it is not a complete meal yet) At 6 months I got my period back.
(WIth my other 2 kids it was at 1year) I think I got it back because he would sleep through the night most nights. Anyways I didn't get my period last month (2 weeks ago) and was wondering if anyone has gotten their period a few times then had it go away again? We didn't have unprotected sex and I am not sure we even had any (3 kids) and I really don't want to spend the $ on a test so please tell me it can go away once you have had it. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
mine is all wonky. i got one at 11 1/2 wks pp, then at 15 wks pp and not again until 21 wks pp. good luck!

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
Mine came back at 4 months even though my DD wasn't STTN (not anywhere close!)....actually she was nursing around the clock still.
I've been regular at 26-31 days since then. IMO- I think you need to test.

·
Registered
558 Posts
I got mine back with first ds at 14 months and it was very irregular. anywhere from 30-60+ days apart until I actually did get pregnant when he was 23 months. It had always been regular before.

I wouldn't bother with the test unless I started getting to "feel" pregnant, which you probably would recognize after 3. Of course, that would be different if I was needing to take meds etc.

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
My period afer DS was like this, have a period then not for up to 3 months then have one sometimes 2 months in a row repeat, repeat (you get the idea) I got my period back 8 wks after he was born. So it can be normal. With that said when he was just over a year I had a hunch and took a test and found out I was 10 wks pregnant. So moral of my story, it may be normal for you, but you can get really great test at dollar stores for only 1$. You ususally have to ask at the register for them, but on the months you dont get your period take one just to be sure. I wouldnt stress to much about it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.