Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OMG! It just is not fair! I bleed for 6 weeks after I gave birth to #5. I thought I would never stop bleeding! I get one week off and my period starts. It was not at all heavy, but nontheless, it lasted the typical one week. I went to the Midwife and she said everything looked fine. Now exactly 28 days since i started my period again, I get it again. I just can't believe my bad luck. I breastfeed almost non stop, so it is not like that is a reason for it returning.

Just had to vent. My period makes me soooo tired and moody, that it really was not something that I needed with my fifth child!

·
Registered
6,401 Posts
Sorry
I bled for 3 weeks pp, nothing for a week, and then I bled for another week. No idea what went on, it wasn't AF, but my midwife said that's really common! But then I didn't get my first real period until 7 months pp.

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
With my first, I bled for 7 weeks, stopped for two weeks, then had a "period". Turned out to not be a period. We waited for it to come back the next month, but my fertility was at bay due to nursing. It didn't truly come back until she was a year old, and the first part was written off as a 'return of postpartum bleeding' that just looked and acted like a period.

With my second (not breastfeeding) I bled for 6 weeks, then had a period at 7 or 8 weeks. I figured this might be the same thing that happened with my first, so I waited for a second period to come, but it didn't.... because I was pregnant. At this point I'm still not sure if that was a real period or a return bleed the same way I had with DD. Since we were using condoms I had no idea when conception took place.

·
Premium Member
15,078 Posts
I have had my period always return between weeks 6 and 8 pp. And remain regular from that time on. I EBF on demand too. So, some people just get no break at all.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.