Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 7 month old has had a rash on his left thigh for a few months. His skin feels dry and sometimes the rash is a bright pink but sometimes it is very red. I have been using moisturizer occassionally (Burts Bees Banana Hand Cream - it's 100% natural) and sometimes Aveeno baby moisturizer. Tonight I put the Aveeno on him and his little body writhed in pain. The rash seems to me like it is getting a little worse each week. It is not only spreading but getting redder.
He has very sensitive skin - after sitting in a poopy diaper (he's exclusively bf) for just 20 minutes, the bottom of his back was so badly rashed that it was bleeding.
The only food he has tried so far is avocado. I've heard it can help clear up dry skin, but he isn't interested in eating it.
I use 7th generation laundry soap for our clothes and run everything through an extra rinse, so I wouldn't think it was the laundry soap causing it.
I don't know what to do....if I should be moisturizing it or what.
I'm thinking of taking him to the doctor because I fear it will only get worse if I don't get it treated.
Is it safe to try hydrocortisone cream on a 7 month old?

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, my ds has no rashes on his face...just his leg.
I took him to the doctor and he did exactly what I thought he would. He prescribed a hydrocortisone cream. I didn't get the rx filled, just bought the otc strength.
I bought some Welada calendula baby cream to try first. His skin on his leg is so dry. i'm sure I could empty the whole tube on his leg and his skin would absorb the whole thing.

Any other advice out there?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.