Mothering Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>Hi everyone - I really need some help with my new baby's bum. He's three months now and we've been battling a yeasty diaper rash since he was about two weeks old. It doesn't seem to bother him but it's killing me!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I've tried: 1% and 2% clotrimazole, 0.5% and 1% hydrocortisone (by prescription), tea tree oil, grapefruit seed extract, zinc creams, calendula creams, whole yogurt, acidophilous powder (on his bum, on his tongue, capsules for me), coconut oil, cloth diapers, disposable diapers, lots of bare bum time (minimum 1 hour a day, usually more like 3-5). And all sorts of combinations of these. I've also dramatically cut back on my sugar intake. Thankfully we haven't had any thrush in his mouth or on my nipples.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>It seems that whenever I start something new, it knocks the rash back to almost healed within 24 hours and every time I think I've finally found the cure. It stays almost healed for about 5 days. I continue the treatment religiously only to have the rash gradually come back. Presently I'm keeping it at bay with coconut oil and 2% clotrimazole but it's getting bad again...</p>
<p> </p>
<p>What else can I try? My first son never ever had rashes of any kind so I'm really lost here. Thanks for all your tips!</p>

1 - 1 of 1 Posts