Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>My family is ill with pertussis.  My 1 year old and 3 year old have both been treated with antibiotics, but still sick.  I am going to the doctor today to get antibiotics because I now have it HORRIBLY.  The pedi told me the antibiotics are not to make us better, just to keep us from spreading the disease.  My question is how do we feel better?! I seriously feel like I've inhaled fire.  The girls are having breathing trouble, the coughing is just terrible and painful.  ANY advice or ideas to make this more bearable is much appreciated!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Oh and what's more frustrating: both kids were vaccinated for it, it is one thing we did choose to vax for and they still got it..... grr.</p>

·
Registered
476 Posts
<p>I'm pretty sure my 18 month old DS2 has whooping cough right now as well. We chose not to do antibiotics (since it doesn't help the person who is sick) and are treating with sodium ascorbate (SA) vitamin C powder to bowel tolerance, probiotics, flaxseed oil, vitamin D, and homeopathic Drosera 30c. DS is about 23 lbs and I'm adding 1/4-1/2 tsp of SA to all his drinks and watery foods (yogurt, applesauce, cottage cheese, soup), he's taking 1 Culturelle and 1 Nature's Way Optima probiotic capsule daily in his yogurt along with 1 tsp of flaxseed oil. I give him 2 drops of Carlson vitamin D drops (4000IU) on his pacifier each day and he's taking 5 Drosera 30c homeopathic tablets 3 times a day. He's still nursing a ton so I'm also taking SA to bowel tollerance. I usually add 2 teaspoons (8000mg) of SA to a glass of orange juice and drink it 3 times a day. That's 24,000mg and I still haven't gotten any diarrhea from it. DS definately improved after starting the SA and homeopathic remedy. We had run out of the homeopathic remedy for a day and a half and he was coughing a ton during that time. Once I bought some more his cough dramatically decreased.</p>

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts