Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our sitter backed out on us, and we're going on vacation in 3 weeks. There will be 4 dogs total--a cocker spaniel, 2 dachshunds, and a sheltie. Two of them are rescue dogs, and take awhile to warm up to strangers...we need people who can be gentle, yet firm. I don't think I'm really open to kennels. I don't like the idea of them confined all day.

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Were you wanting them to go to the pet sitter's house, or just have a sitter come over several times a day to give them lots of attention?

If you do end up deciding on a kennel, Keshlyn Kennel is a great place. My parents have been taking family dogs there for years. They have an indoor/outdoor section in each kennel so the dog can choose to go outside to potty or lay in the sun, and when it gets too hot they lock the dogs in the indoor area of their pens and turn on the air! Their kennels are big enough so that the dogs can move around and don't stay caged all day. They also offer walks and playtimes each day. Every time we've gone to pick up our pets their they are totally happy, just hoarse from barking at each other.

Here is their site. They are always booked ahead of time.
http://www.keshlynkennel.com/home.html

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks! I had someone suggest them, but we can't seperate the four dogs. This is hard on all of us--this is the first time we'll be vacationing without them, and they've never really been left. Two of them would be totally okay with a kennel, but 2 of them are rescues that were abused and have quite an attachment to me. One is extremely nervous around strangers, and I really think it would cause quite a regression if I left him somewhere strange.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It would help if I answered your question! We're looking for someone to come to my parents house, actually. They have a fenced in yard, and at my house, someone would have to take the four dogs on a walk twice a day--they're good for me on walks, but DH and my mom say they pull their arms. It just wouldn't work to send them somewhere else, though

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.