Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
8,855 Posts
Personally, I've always thought only cats acted like cats. I've known some people who have had bunnys (they are crate trainable) and ferrets.

Just a thought, my best friend comes to visit (and stays as she is long distance now...she typically stays 4 days to a week) AND she just takes medication when she comes over. Hers is a 24 hour pill (over the counter too). She is veru allergic as well...BUT...she too have always loved my cats. When we lived close she actually used to come over and take care of them when we went on vacation
. She just took the medication about an hour before.

For all you know, your brother and law might not mind having to take a pill or two when he visits. My girlfriend considered it a treat since she could never have a cat at home.

· Registered
8,855 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by skellbelle View Post
ITA. In general, cats are very independent/self-serving; and most other animals just aren't like that.
Glad someone agrees with me...I find that cats act a lot like people...at least the cats I have had over my life have. They seem to think they're just as important as us, they are so intelligent....sure, mainly independant and take care of their grooming and toilet needs on their own, but they are also very receptive to love and affection and LOTS of cuddling. I find they do thrive on the attention and love from their human friends.

I don't know how to describe it...I grew up with dogs, and dogs are nice too...but in a lot of ways having a cat to me didn't feel like having a pet...it felt more like having an adult best friend or companion (aka roommate
). Having a dog felt more like having a toddler, still nice and fun, just a lot more work in many different ways.

Err...excuse my little tangent.

OH, did anyone mention they do have a new developed breed of cats which has a genetic mutation which are hypoallergenic. You could google it...I think they're called allerca....something like that. But, they are around $3,000.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.