Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think my dog knew i was pregnant before i did,

i didn't take a test till i was very late because i just didn't expect that id be pregnant after 5 years of trying, but 2 or 3 weeks before i even tested my oldest dog started to act diffrent,
he got really very clingy and started to climb onto the bed and actually curl himself around my head when i was sleeping, he was also really pushy for my attention, constantly nuzzeling me and whining to get close to me

im 11 weeks now and he is still trying to get my attention all time,
and also now the younger dog has taken an intrest in sniffing at my boobs.

im sure that they are aware of some changes in me,
which i think is kind of sweet,

Jools

·
Registered
685 Posts
LOL, we have three dogs and our oldest (who is an 8 yr old St Bernard) has been really sniffy for awhile. Usually he just ignores me because he's so old and he kind of has a standoffish personality anyway but he has definitely been taking more of an interest in how I smell. I think he knows for sure.

·
Registered
385 Posts
This is really funny. I have been telling everyone the same thing, my dog absolutely knows I am pregnant. He is clingy, and as soon as I was pregnant he started insisting on sleeping in bed with me...which is definitely new. Usually he stays in his own bed. He is a very attached dog to begin with, haha, but now it is almost annoying how all over my he is. One odd thing, he is licking my skin now all the time. I must taste good. The only skin difference I have noticed is greasiness...eew.

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
YES! Sage has been clingy and follows me all over the house. If i sit, she sits beside me, if i go outside, she does, too. If I am on the bed, she is at my feet. She has been this way for all three pregnancies. She gets even more spoiled by DH during these times, too, because he thinks she must be mad at him or something, since she stops being his sidekick. Too silly!

·
Registered
578 Posts
my spazzy crazy dog is different now too. he is clingy and protective of me!

and my parrots act like they know, too. that makes more sense to me than the dog, because parrots see the ultraviolet spectrum as well and can see what some folks call "auras".

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
How funny and sweet! I have heard of that happening, but my greyhound has not seemed to notice that much of a difference. Although since I have been trying to get out and walk more, she does hound me for that, LOL!

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
I'm not in this DDC (actually, not in any one) ... but I saw this thread and wanted to comment. Animals seem to operate on some other level - they definitely know things like that! I mean, there have been documented cases of dogs sniffing out cancer in their owners. Repeatedly prodding at one area of their body, until their owner went to the doctor and that's where the cancer/tumor was discovered.

And, definitely, they can sense pregnancy changes. It's amazing. I'm always fascinated by what animals can sense.

·
Registered
295 Posts
we have a 50 lbs. boxer who is already super clingy and lovey. the only way i'd notice a behavior change would be is she STOPPED sitting on my lap. no luck yet!

·
Registered
500 Posts
My old dog was like that each time I got pregnant, but our new one is just a puppy and I don't think she really knows anything
She is too busy wanting attention simply because she is young - same with our kitten.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.