Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
... and reminds doctors that there is no liability to them if their patient is injured.

See frame 18.

http://www.standingorders.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/Session_2_Final-01_13_2016-Wexler-LW_LA.pdf

There was a case in Chicago in 2010 in which a man was advised to get the flu shot for work, and developed GuillianBarre Syndrome post flu vaccine; he sued for workmen's compensation, and I have not been able to learn what happened to his suit. He assumed he was told to get the vax and then his workplace back-peddled their stand.

More cases like this to come.

·
Registered
18,831 Posts
... and reminds doctors that there is no liability to them if their patient is injured.

See frame 18.

http://www.standingorders.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/Session_2_Final-01_13_2016-Wexler-LW_LA.pdf

There was a case in Chicago in 2010 in which a man was advised to get the flu shot for work, and developed GuillianBarre Syndrome post flu vaccine; he sued for workmen's compensation, and I have not been able to learn what happened to his suit. He assumed he was told to get the vax and then his workplace back-peddled their stand.

More cases like this to come.
Looks to me as though they are more cautious with adult vaccinations. They mention reviewing contraindications, for example. They also mention handling adverse reactions.

Reactions: applejuice

·
Registered
24,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, giving the VIS, but nothing about package inserts.

I do not believe that the shingles vaccine is protected by Vaccine Court.

Reactions: Deborah

·
Registered
18,831 Posts
Yes, giving the VIS, but nothing about package inserts.

I do not believe that the shingles vaccine is protected by Vaccine Court.
Well, I wouldn't think they would go as far as package inserts. But just looking at the list of contraindications is a lot more than is usually done in pediatric practices I suspect.

And you are right about the shingles vaccine.

Reactions: applejuice
1 - 4 of 4 Posts