Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wondering if any one has stories and suggestions to share about gardening while pregnant and postpartum with a little one. I am not new to gardening, but this season is the first time I planted and maintained a garden with a little one due before the crop is in. The pregnant gardening actually went really well, with the help of my very enthusiastic toddler. We finished mulching a few days ago, hoping that this will help to keep the weeds at bay. I guess I am more concerned as to what will happen to our small crop once the baby arrives, and would like to know how other moms have made it work!

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
I actually had to put the vegetable garden on hold last summer. I was very pg and had a 2 year old & 3 year old. There was no way for me. This year we did plant a nice garden & the kids are enjoying helping. Once the big stuff is done, and it sounds like you have done yours, then it's mainly watering, feeding & harvesting. All things the little ones can help with. (I also enlist Dh for help whenever needed. I couldn't have done it all by myself while caring for the children.)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts