Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, ladies! I hope this is the right place, as we're not *trying*.

LO is 10 weeks old, EBF but sleeps solidly 6-8 hrs at night and does take a paci. I haven't had any bleeding since 3 weeks postpartum. Two days ago I became EXTREMELY tired, like, worse than the first week home with a newborn. Baby's latch has been good, yet my nipples have been really quite sore for a few days. Today, while DH and I watched Lost on Netflix, I burst into full on sobbing tears a number of times; the first time it happened, we looked at each other and said, "Oh, sh*t, pregnant!" I've had a little twingy crampiness on and off today.

It could be nothing, it could be a new baby, or it could be AF, though I've never had PMSy symptoms at ALL. I took a pg test today- nada, and one last week, bfn.

I plan on testing again Saturday. We're not HOPING to conceive just yet, as baby's so young and I'm afraid of my supply getting messed up, but if it happens, it would be a blessing.

What say you?

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
post partume hormones give the illusion of pregnancy a lot. Now that isn't to say it isn't possible and I would still test for peace of mind, but EBFing and only 10 weeks PP I'd say the chances are slim.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Throughout my nursing "career" I've taken seemingly thousands of pregnancy tests
because my hormones are crazy and when I have such a young baby and a little sleep deprivation, it's easy to bring me to tears. With Baby sleeping so long at night, it *could* be AF getting ready to come or even getting all the symptoms of AF with no actual bleeding (I usually do this several months before any actual bleeding, just around the time of month it would be arriving). But, it could also be pregnancy. Only way I know to tell is to test
Good luck to you!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.