Mothering Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Jessica! Of course you have short term memory loss...it might be more true to simply call it short term memory distraction--you have alot going on!

I simply wanted to congratulate you. I'm not so much with the supplements other then what you have mentioned I would simply up yur calories as much as you can (Brewer, you know?) and sleep all the time.

The two babies naps can overlap and you should be able to rest and do light tasks (playdoh, low key video or music) with the older one while the wee one sleeps. Depending on personality and sleeping arrangements, you may be able to get two long naps per day. This is essential and not laziness. Your energy reserves which used to work for just you are supporting you, milk, a very young toddler and growing a baby.

·
Registered
6,009 Posts
do you wish to continue the pregnancy?

If so, the above post has some excellent advice!

If not, there are other options, which may or may not be dependant on how far along you are.

Best wishes,
Kelly

·
Registered
500 Posts
I don't know how much this will help you right now, but speaking from experience it won't always be as challenging as it feels right now. Try to imagine your life 18 yrs from now.

I know when I found myself pregnant again and again and again (I had seven children in 13 yrs) each time I found out I was pregnant I had a moment of panic - well, actually several moments. Now my children are 18, 16, 15, 12, 9, 7 and 5, and life just doesn't seem as hard as it did before.

Time changes all things, so as hard as it might be to relax or enjoy the situation right now time does really go by just way to fast and it does get easier. Sending you hugs

·
Premium Member
4,690 Posts
it might be nice to have a friend come over who can watch the kids while you nap during the day or so you can have some time to yourself.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Congrats on the pregnancy. I know I would panic if I found out I was going to have 3 kids under 3, but I said the same with 2 kids under 2. I think you'll get the hang of it eventually. As far as preparing, get lots of rest. Eat very healthy. Take good care of yourself physically and that will help you a LOT mentally. I suggest having lots of friends and family help you out if possible. If not, consider hiring a local girl in the neighborhood to come over and help you a couple of hours a day.

·
Premium Member
15,078 Posts
I am sorry for your stress. I know it can be hard thinking about another baby when there is a new one sitting in your lap. I don't have much advice, except to eat well and sleep when you can. Don't stress out over exterior things like house work, deep cleaning and things. Simplify things until you find a routine that works for you.

I would suggest drinking RRL tea durring your pgcy. It will help tone your uterine muscles that have been worked real hard lately. And don't forget your folic acid and your water, drink LOTS of water.

Take a breath. Try and relax. Before you know it the children will be older and you will not even remember the worries that you have right now.

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
My two are 14 mos apart. I understand to a point the pressures of how draining it can be. I am hoping you have a strong support system nearby to help you. I agree with the pp talking about overlapping naps. I also think if you can pull on strength and help from friends and family that would be an added plus. I also agree with the Brewer diet. It can really help an exhausted mama. I am not certain what other supplements are safe in your position. Just make sure you are getting your minerals and probiotics. They can be miracle workers.

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
I have removed several posts from this thread that were off-topic. If you have any questions about this, please PM me, rather than discussing this issue on the thread. Thanks

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hi Jessica,

Wow, mama, here's wishing you alot of love, support, and nourishment! I am the older sister by nine years to 3 siblings who were born within 3.5 years. And my mom worked full-time throughout. I would like to say I was a lot of help to my parents, but no. It was CRAZY but it was a wonderful time. In addition to the good nutrition advice given here I would add quinoa! Quinoa is a high-protein grain that is a huge boon to nursing mommies. I buy it pre-packaged and then use half the little flavor pack to cut down on salt and such. If you're not familiar, pm me and I'll find a link for you. But mostly I would say, don't drive yourself crazy with diets or anything else. And try hard to figure out some way that you can get some time to yourself before and after the newest babe comes along. For my mom, the emotional drainage was much harder than the physical experience. Even a little time for you to recharge will help reduce stress for you and indirectly for the kids.

All the best to you and yours.

Megan

·
Premium Member
8,105 Posts
Okay, I understood the question to be how your BODY can cope with three close pregnancies. There are things you can do now.

Start drinking red raspberry leaf tea, a few times a day. Start now. Drink it through your pregnancy and post partum as well. Some people like it better with honey in it.

Do Kegels. NOW. Ten sets of ten. Every day.

Get out and exercise. You have two little ones? Put them in a stroller and walk. Briskly. Every day. EVERY DAY. For a minimum of a half hour. When that gets easy, find some slight hills, or go longer, or go a little farther.

Get a book called "Expecting Fitness" by Birgitta Gallow. Follow the routine.

Eat REALLY, REALLY well. Go to blueribbonbaby.org, follow the diet. It's easy to follow, and your body needs the healthy food and the proteins to not only heal from the last pregnancy, but to grow this one well and protect itself, as well.

So, there's a higher incedence of hemorrage after pregnancies that are close together, because your body doesn't have time to recover. (I know this b/c I had two pregnancies close together and hemorraged ten days post partum...) This is why all of the things I've listed are so important. You need to help it heal, support the pregnancy, AND protect itself.

The rrl tea will help to tone your uterus, and help a little to protect it against hemmorage...it does this by toning the muscle and helping it have "memory" as to how to clamp down effectively. The kegels will help to tone your pelvic floor and protect you against prolapse. The exercise will feed your body with oxygen, will help to strengthen the muscles you need in labor and birth, as will the book. They will also make for a shorter more efficient labor than you might otherwise have, AND an more healthy, toned baby, who is more able to undergo stress in a healthy way. The diet gives your body the nutrients it needs and the building blocks it needs for it's multiple jobs.

Rest, every day.

Yoga is really great too, as "self" time and toning and breath exercises.

Good luck.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Jessica, I just wanted to give you a big hug.

I got pg when ds was only ~4.5 months old; I'm ~7 months along now.

I also live in the middle of nowhere; nice people here and there but no one to help out in the afternoons while dh is at work or to take a toddler to the park for an hour or anything. I'm sympathizing with you, sister. It is hard.

Hang in there. You're getting lots of great advice on this thread re: diet, etc., and I just wanted to let you know you'll be in my prayers.

Blessings, mama!

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
I also just thought if you could find a local LLL maybe it would help you connect with folks in your area that could help support you. Even small towns usually have a meeting at least once a month at a local hospital. If you started attending NOW you should be able to build some good trusting relationships. Hang in there.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.