Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what the ph level is for amniotic fluid? I have the litmus paper here at the house and I wanted to check. I can sit on the toilet and pee every 3 seconds. Literally, and I'm peeing like every 30 minutes or so. Am I freaking myself out with all these symptoms?? I feel like I'm driving myself crazy!

· Registered
782 Posts
I believe that a ph of 6.5 or higher means your water may have broken. It goes like this, Normal pH for vaginal fluid is between 4.5 and 5.5, and normal pH of amniotic fluid usually falls between 7.0 and 7.5. But on those tests doesn't the color change if your water has broken? I have never used one of those tests before but I beleive the strips turn blue when you are leaking amniotic fluid.

So.............did you take the test already? Did it change color?

· Registered
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It did turn blue. I went in and they did another test there and said that they did not see any pooling of liquid and they tested and it was negative. They did say that it can leak without breaking. I've never heard of that. So I got home around 11:30 last night. Of course, my little one isn't going to sleep in this morning for momma so here I am. Lol.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.