Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They Get The Job Done

review by kalishanti

These aren't my favorite bottles (I really like Breastflow), but they get the job done! I use them for part-time (I work as a doula, so I'm away from baby 1-3 days/night a month). Easy to use & clean. Like the BPA free plastic.

ProsCons
BPA-free, works with nursing babies

Ratings
Value4
Performance4
Overall4

·
Registered
193 Posts
Stick with 1st stage flow nipples

review by ashleyb87

My first son was severely tongue tied when he was born. He was unable to latch. We used these bottles (well their non-BPA free predecessor) and he liked them. He was super nipple confused-I don't think these simulate the breast all that much but they went with my pump. He ended up using a nipple shield. He eventually wouldn't take bottles at all but these were great at storing my milk and the company offered to replace all the bottles for the newer BPA free ones when my son was about 6 months old. We left a bottle for him and eventually his younger brother and they'd take maybe an ounce or so. My word of caution is that there are WAY too many different flows of nipples and for the best compatibility with breastfeeding stick with the 1st stage ones.

ProsCons
BPA free, my son liked themToo many stages of nipples-unfriendly to breastfeeding

Ratings
Value4
Performance4
Overall3

·
Administrator
3,994 Posts
Philips AVENT BPA Free Natural Polypropylene Bottles

Description:
The NEW Philips AVENT 9-ounce Natural bottles are the most natural way to bottle feed. The wide, breast-shaped nipples promote natural latch-on so you can easily combine breastfeeding and bottle feeding. The unique comfort petals inside the nipple increase softness and flexibility without nipple collapse, and the innovative twin valve anti-colic newborn-flow nipple helps newborns feed comfortably and easily. The ergonomic shape makes it comfortable for parents to hold and easy for small fingers to grasp. Assembly is simple with only a few parts and the wide bottle neck makes filling and cleaning easy. These Natural Philips AVENT bottles are made from polypropylene, a BPA Free material, and work with all nipples and caps from the Natural line.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.