Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all I’m very new to all this but have been reading some old posts on this topic.
So my son is almost 7 and has never been able to retract his foreskin I’m a single mother so know nothing really about this, for the last few months he’s been complaining of burning after urination.. I’ve been to 3 different doctors about this issue had two urine tests to rule out infection 2 of the docs said he has phimosis and referred him to an urologist but the urologist wrote a letter back saying they won’t see him until he’s ten. Now he’ll be fine for a few weeks or days then randomly say it’s hurting again, I’m really anxious about this and don’t know what to do the doctors don’t really say anything and send me on my way but I feel so helpless everytime he says it😩 can phimosis cause this type of pain/burn and should he be able to pull back his foreskin at nearly 7? Please if anyone has any advice it would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
1 Posts
What you should know about discoid eczema?
Discoid eczema is a type of eczema that is characterized by red, inflamed patches on the skin. It may also occur on other parts of the body, such as the face. Discoid eczema is more common in adults than in children, and it is often associated with other skin conditions, such as psoriasis and atopic dermatitis. Treatment for discoid eczema typically involves topical medications and/or steroid creams. This article will tell you the necessary details you need to know about this skin condition. Read more here Discoid Eczema: Everything You Need to Know About this Skin Condition

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi all I’m very new to all this but have been reading some old posts on this topic.
So my son is almost 7 and has never been able to retract his foreskin I’m a single mother so know nothing really about this, for the last few months he’s been complaining of burning after urination.. I’ve been to 3 different doctors about this issue had two urine tests to rule out infection 2 of the docs said he has phimosis and referred him to an urologist but the urologist wrote a letter back saying they won’t see him until he’s ten. Now he’ll be fine for a few weeks or days then randomly say it’s hurting again, I’m really anxious about this and don’t know what to do the doctors don’t really say anything and send me on my way but I feel so helpless everytime he says it😩 can phimosis cause this type of pain/burn and should he be able to pull back his foreskin at nearly 7? Please if anyone has any advice it would be greatly appreciated
Hi, Mama. If you cannot find a knowledgeable, intact-safe pediatrician, turn to Intact America and see if they can help you. It is a nonprofit organization and they’re very friendly and knowledgeable. IME, 7 is too young to fully retract in most cases and if someone besides himself has ever attempted to retract his foreskin, that could cause issues, too. Also IME as a nanny years ago, high sugar diet can cause boys to have the type of pain you describe, particularly if they are intact. Both my boys are intact and I was a single mama to my oldest for many years, plus I was the only mother to an intact boy in my entire social circle way back when so I kind of had to learn on my own like you. There are so many more resources and people who can help now! Don’t feel overwhelmed. Just keep asking until you get answers.

·
Registered
426 Posts
The global average age at which an intact boy first sees his glans is 10.4 years.

As long as a kid has ready access to privacy, his own curious manipulations will make the foreskin comfortably retractable with time. Just know if the average is 10.4 years, that means many get retractability later than that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts