These photos depict experienced midwife, Emily Dial, delivering her own baby girl, Emma.

We love birth photography and frequently post articles that feature babies meeting their mamas for the first time - from hospital births to water births, and even surprise deliveries in parking lots. But we've never featured a story on a mama delivering her own baby by C-Section.

There's a first time for everything.

These photos depict experienced midwife, Emily Dial, delivering her own baby girl, Emma.

A few years ago, Emily lost her baby boy, Grayson, after a scheduled C-section. He was born with a congenital diaphragmatic hernia, prohibiting his lungs from developing.

She wanted this birth to be different - to be positive and memorable. Emily asked her colleagues (they worked with her in Kentucky's Frankfort Regional Medical Center's delivery ward) to help with her delivery. She also asked photographer Sarah Hill to capture the beautiful moments on camera.

On surgery day, Emily was given gloves and a clear screen so that she could watch her baby say her first hello to the world. When doctors made the cut, Emily reached down and pulled her daughter out.

In an interview with Cafe Mom, Emily said: "It was an incredible feeling to reach down, feel her head, then slowly feel the rest of her coming, but a little strange not being able to feel the rest of my abdomen." She added, "It truly was one of the happiest moments of my life."

Photographer Sarah Hill also thought the moment was pretty incredible. She posted to Facebook:

"This was by far one of the most incredible days of my life. My amazing midwife Emily Dial not only had a C-Section today but SHE PULLED THE BABY OUT HERSELF!!!!!! It was unreal. To say that she is amazing, is an understatement. She was meant to bring babies into this world and didn't let a little thing like a C-Section stop her from delivering her own! To watch her colleagues rally around her and make this happen was so beautiful. It was truly an honor to be there and capture this for her and Daniel...And surprise!! It's a GIRL!!
❤"

Here are the beautiful photos:

Photo Credit: Sarah Hill