Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi mamas!

I am getting 10 AIOs as part of my FM order and I am picking PUL, snaps and thread this evening (or tomorrow morning if one of the kids needs me - which is likely!).

There are about a dozen PUL colors and a few that I don't really care for (green, for example). So I am thinking one of each of the ones I like and I may have to double up on one or two. And what about snaps? Try to match the PUL color? I think you can only have one snap color per dipe (so no rainbow
). And then there is thread color...

I STINK at custom stuff! So what would you all do? Help!

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You girls are so smart...
The colors would help - duh!

Aqua
Baby Blue
Butter Yellow
Lavender
Peach
Pink
Red
Sage
Saturn Blue
Sea Spray

So there are conveniently ten of them!
There are pretty much all the same choices for snaps and thread (and primary or pastel varig...however you spell it!).

So what do ya think?

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
you could probably match the ones that have matching snaps and thread colors, and do white on the others. There are so many choices and I dont know your preferences. But 1 I do know, white looks REALLY cute on Aqua, dont ask me why I think that, i just do, LOL

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by SEEPAE
But 1 I do know, white looks REALLY cute on Aqua, dont ask me why I think that, i just do, LOL
I agree - I like that combo too. I think I may just have to go for that! Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
11,167 Posts
If you're having a problem choosing, feel free to pick out some newborn AIOs for me!

Just kidding. As far as colors I'd probably do baby blue, butter yellow, lavender, and sage, and double up on your favorites of those.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by ryansmom02
I already have my aio choice but i am getting a few fitteds...... where are the print choices does any one know......

They are password protected. I do believe you just need to click on the link they sent you and then the fitted diaper, and then the link to the fabrics in there. Did that make any sense? The username and PW are next to the link, I think. I am sure the fluffy mamas can point you in the right direction.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by oceanbaby
If you're having a problem choosing, feel free to pick out some newborn AIOs for me!

Just kidding. As far as colors I'd probably do baby blue, butter yellow, lavender, and sage, and double up on your favorites of those.
:LOL I so love our one FCB 0 AIO. It is the cutest thing EVER! She still fits in it really well at almost 5 weeks too.
The colors you list are my favorites of my favorites.

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
oh well that explains it......:LOL I have not gotten the choose your stuff email yet as my number is #66 or 23 by the new numbers....... but in the photo gallery you can see the pul and windpro snaps and threads.....so i will wait....

·
Registered
200 Posts
Quote:
where are the print choices does any one know......
The prints you choose from depends on who is working on your order. Also, the prints available change frequently, especially with people ordering 12 diapers each. :LOL We don't want you to get your heart set on a print only to have it sold out when it is your turn, so the fabric gallery link is sent to you a couple days before your number is up so you can have some time to decide what you want. HTH!

As for PUL/thread combos...

Light blue thread looks awesome on the sea spray PUL. White and primary variegated are great on Aqua. Lavender thread looks nice on lavender PUL because it is a shade darker so it is tone on tone. Pastel PUL with white or ivory thread is very pretty as well and the primary variegated thread is also nice on any primary color PUL.

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ryansmom02
Oh that make so much sense.......
well my time will come I cant wait.......
me either...

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Oh Amy - thank you!

So far I have:

(the "for sures")
Lavender PUL - Lavender snaps - lavender thread
Baby Blue PUL - Baby Blue snaps - white thread
Pink PUL - Pink snaps - pastel variegated thread

I am thinking Red with primary and red snaps (although I may swap this for a more girly color), sea spray with light blue thread (not sure on snaps - probably natural), maybe butter yellow with pastel thread and baby blue (?) snaps. Hmmm, peach pul with white thread and snaps, sage with pastel variegated thread and natural snaps? On saturn I am thinking primary with royal snaps, but I can't tell for sure if the that would all go together. Is that all of them? I shouldn't be making such important choices so late at night! :LOL

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by WhitneyVL
One the FM auction wins that Amy recently made me was Bright Yellow PUL with white serging and lime snaps. I *love* it!!
Very Citrus-y (Amy's words).
Oh, I love that! Thanks!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts