Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
I've always had quite a favorable opinion of pickles. Except pickled eggs or pig's feet. Not uncommon where I live, and my FIL loves them. Me, I'm like "Why thank you, and can I have mine with a side of :puke?"

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
What about the brine off canned olives? I made a taco salad tonight and sliced some olives for it....I was very tempted to drink the brine....how utterly nasty is that??

(I won't divulge whether or not I gave in to that particular temptation....)

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Oh, i love the green ones, too. I really love strong flavors. Have you ever had the green ones stuffed with goat cheese instead of pimento? Yum!

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
can't say that i have...sounds yummy though!
my mom got me addicted to olives when i was little, lol, and cottage cheese w/tomato slices. ugh.....the baby doesnt like cottage chs though.

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
I have sunchips and pinwheel sandwiches (leftover from our potluck) so if someone else can bring the cheesecake and donuts, we're all set!

I'm craving salt, too.....but I always crave salt. On everything.

What I'm really craving though is Tomato Salad. I could eat a horse trough full and still look around for more.

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Mmmm, donuts.....

Sorry, couldn't resist! You know what would be cool? A Homer Simpson smilie!

·
Premium Member
5,239 Posts
DH caused me to develop a pickle habit. I made fun of him when we met for eating so many pickles. So of course now I eat them nearly daily.
I love pickles.
And dill potato chips, & dill in everything I cook, & balsamic vinegar on just about everything, & green olives. I'm a sour girl.

·
Premium Member
3,603 Posts
Love love love them!!! Pickled carrots and grean beans are also delish!!!

·
Registered
839 Posts
I have searched and searched for the equivalent of valsic kosher dill pickles (found in the USA) over here in the UK and there is none. Oh, there is pickled onions,(yucky) beetroot, (yucky) vegetables (yucky) and gerkins (they taste like sweet pickles or bread-n-butter pickles--yucky) but there are NO dill/garlic/vinegar made from cucumber pickles here

However, Hubby and I are travelling over to Iowa-my home state- for the 4th of July
I am going to stuff myself with things like kosher dills, root beer, cherry 7up, grape jelly and peanut butter sandwiches, ranch dressing and tacos with sour cream

I have been sneaking sips of both green and black olive brine every now and again as I keep a jar of each olive in our fridge
naughty me!

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Aww! Poor thing! You need some pickles!!

Before this pregnancy, I thought pickles were okay, I could take them or leave them, kwim? But now - WHOA NELLIE! They call to me when I open the fridge. I ate four yesterday, sitting on the back porch in the sweltering heat. (I would've eaten more, but the kids needed me.)

·
Premium Member
5,234 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lizzardbits View Post
I have searched and searched for the equivalent of valsic kosher dill pickles (found in the USA) over here in the UK and there is none. Oh, there is pickled onions,(yucky) beetroot, (yucky) vegetables (yucky) and gerkins (they taste like sweet pickles or bread-n-butter pickles--yucky) but there are NO dill/garlic/vinegar made from cucumber pickles here

I lived abroad for a couple years, and I remember what it's like to miss certain home foods. I'd get really into the local food, of course, but sometimes you just want some tex-mex or whatever.
Maybe you could try making your own pickles?
Me, I've always loved pickles, and I have been craving salt. I haven't been craving pickles in the cartoon pregnant woman way, but I've been eating a ton of them anyway, just to play the role.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.