Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My little boy is 3 months (actually 13 weeks) and doesn't like to BF in any position other than lying down. He'll eat when I'm sitting up, but only a little and never really gets into it - when we're lying down he does this happy nursing thing where he smiles while nursing (without un-latching), and then after he's done he will smile up at me with milk all over his face or fall asleep - completely satisfied.

How can I get him to happily nurse while I'm sitting on the couch? We have hardwood floors so I'm not about to nurse him while lying on the floor, and I'm tired of having to retreat to the bedroom to nurse him all the time!! The problem is also exacerbated when we are visiting family or friends, and so then I have to ask if I can use one of their bedrooms to nurse! Ugh...any advice??

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
maybe it is a letdown issue - like maybe he gets more or less by nursing in that particular position?? I might try sitting up in a counch, but placing pillows etc. and leaning to simulate the bed environment. To test if it is a comfort thing, being more relaxed, or a breast position thing...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.