Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to include my very picky children in cooking when they get home from Dad's after summer. My ds is very visual and loves to see other kids in the kitchen cooking. I can't find anything good in the library that isn't desserts or party trays with fresh veggie monsters. He won't eat that unless I insert a feeding tube. I live rurally and I haven't found a decent book store within an hour from me ( I live 35 miles from the nearest freeway) and it's hard to browse books online as far as I can tell. I saw a lot of promising titles at the library only to open them to no pictures or just vague illustrations.
Got any suggestions?
:

· Registered
4,400 Posts
We have two kids' cookbooks DD enjoys:

1. The Everything Kids' Cookbook by Sandra K. Nissenberg, M.S., R.D

There are black and white drawings throughout the book. Nine chapters cover a wide variety of foods for youngsters to prepare, not just sweets and snacks.

2. Kids Cookbook: Food Fun for Boys and Girls, which is a Pillsbury book. Eight chapters cover a wide variety of foods for youngsters to prepare with fun names: Rise & Shine! (breakfasts), High Noon (lunches), and Come & Get It! (dinners) to name just three. Every recipe has a full-color, full-page picture.

DH cooks with DD and I bake with her, although we do family prepared meals sometimes, too. She enjoys reading these cookbooks and really enjoyed checking out dozens of cookbooks at her school library. We tend to prepare our ordinary meals with her far more than meals from specific kids cookbooks. These cookbooks were gifts from family since they knew she liked to check cookbooks out from the library.

The cookbook we use most with her is our Vitamix cookbook. Not too many pictures in there, but she loves helping out and we like a lot of the recipes!

Best wishes!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.