Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
THis is too weird. I have three holes pierced in my left ear (you can guess when I was a teenager!) but I haven't used the top two in years, I almost never use the bottom ones either for that matter. Tonight I was just looking in the mirror and noticed a bump at one of the holes so I gave it a squeeze and all sort of pus came out! I didn't think the holes were even open! And pus came out of every hole! They didn't hurt, I haven't worn earrings in any of them in at least four months. What is up with that? Isn't that bizarre? I guess I'll get out the old alcohol and cotton balls. Anyone have any other ideas?

·
Registered
18,562 Posts
I got two in each ear about 6 years ago, and let the back ones heal up. I have to squeeze them every so often too! My dh also had pierced ears for awhile. He doesn't squeeze so every so often a pellet of dried stuff pushes out on its own.

Darshani

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
It's more than likely lymph secretions and not pus
It STILL happens to two of my ear piercings that I let mostly close up over the past 7 years. Alcohol'll make 'em more runny .. just clean 'em 1-2x a week with saline solution or warm salt water if it bugs ya - otherwise, it's not that big of a deal, just a sign that it's STILL healing up. You can still squeeze if it bugs ya or looks gross, but that can cause the healing to take even LONGER. (Although at 7+ years I'm STILL waiting for those two to totally heal
)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.