Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to co-sleep when this baby is born, but I am not comfortable with putting a baby who is less than a year old on our pillowtop mattress. We are planning to use a Snuggle Nest but I noticed that only is recommended up to four months old. Is there some other type of pad or something I can put on the mattress afterwards, to make it firmer for the baby? We don't really have space in the room for a sidecarred crib.

·
Registered
60 Posts
We're using a Simmons countoured changing pad for dd to sleep on. The sides are high enough that I don't worry about pillows and blankets getting in the way.

·
Registered
691 Posts
I also have a pillowtop. I bought the snugglenest and then regretted it. My dd is really big and the bed is soft so it looked like it was about to tip over. I just put a thick mattress pad and then a sheet to make the bed less soft. Dd didn't start sleeping on the actual bed until 4 1/2 months. Before that I slept on the floor with her next to me or I held her. Then when I felt confident that she could lift her head up I brought her in bed with me. Its been PURE BLISS ever since
:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts