Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently ordered from Pinetree garden seeds. I got my seeds about 2 weeks later.One packet was out of stock,and the charge to my credit card on their bill to me reflected that.A few days later I get my credit card bill,and it shows the original amount I expect to pay(add in that one packet of out of stock seeds).I called the credit card company to dispute that out of stock packet I was charged for,and it was then that I found out they charged me 2 times. They charged the original order amount, AND again the amount for the actual seeds I got.

I faxed and emailed the company.Their reply was that I place 2 orders with them,and if I want a credit I should send back one of the packages.

I ordered 1 time,and it was for 16 packets of seeds.I got ONE package of 15 seed packets.

I was charged for 16 packets,and then again charged for 15 packets.

They say I made the same extact order a week apart using the same secure online number.I never ever use the same secure online number twice.

Good prices,and maybe good seeds,but this over charging(and now disputing with them and the credit card company) is not worth the hassle. I will never buy from them again.And if the credit card company makes me pay for this double charge I will close my account.

ps.I thought when you use a secure online number you get a random number to use 1 time.I am told(by Discover in this case) that additional charges can be added to that number by the company you make a purchase with,because it could be charges added on to your original purchase.Well I don't feel this really protects a person when they make online purchases. I will be looking for a company that has real one time use numbers.

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just wanted to update that it looks like the company finally put a credit onto my card for the over charged amount.Unfortunately it was the lower of the 2 amounts they charged,and the actual correct amount I was to pay.So they are able to pocket the difference. Oh well hopefully the next company will be better.

·
Registered
8,658 Posts
Mention it at Dave's, the nurseries really do keep up with their scores & it may help you resolve it. (I've posted it before here, but am at other PC & don't have a link, sorry. Anybody?)

If I can ultimately get great service from Gurney's, you ought to be able to resolve a Pinetree issue to your satisfaction
(gardener's joke).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts