Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>DH forgot to empty DS's potty this morning. When I came into the bathroom, it was dark (concentrated, like it was concentrated from evaporation/early morning urine), and there was pink at the bottom of the potty. My guesses are:</p>
<p> </p>
<p>(1) something that distilled out of the urine - like food coloring? He had "naturally colored" gummy bears 2 days ago.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>(2) blood? would that distill out or somehow be separated out of the urine after 12 hours? Obviously, DH didn't notice it this morning - or he would have done something if it was blood.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>or</p>
<p> </p>
<p>(3) google says that pink toilet stains are serratia, a type of bacteria that is common in bathrooms. I think we do have this bacteria in our bathroom because it gets pink around the edges of the drain (of the tub that DS bathes in, right next to the potty). So, even though his potty isn't pink on a regular basis, it might have the bacteria there, ready to multiply.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Any other guesses?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>It hasn't come off with swishing, or simple green or bac out. I haven't scrubbed, just sprayed and let it sit and then rinsed. I, will, of course scrub it next. And report back to you!</p>

·
Premium Member
4,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
<p>I'm going with the bacteria. I let it soak in BacOut for over an hour, and it's gone.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I was concerned it might be blood. Or signs of some zebra-disease I've never heard of.</p>

1 - 2 of 2 Posts